Get in touch
Library Research: Tools & Assistance
- OneSearch (find articles, books, videos, and more)
- Articles & Databases
- eBook Collections
- Open-Access Collections
- Streaming Video Collections
- Get Research Assistance from a Librarian
- Research Guides
- Other Libraries
Announcements & Information
The library's popular walk-in workshops are presented on Wednesdays at noon. Each weekly 30-minute workshop is devoted to a different topic. This week's topic will be: Anything Goes - You Decide. Check out this semester's schedule and come join us in room L-208.
Laptop & Equipment Checkout Information
- We have laptop computers available for you to borrow. Request a laptop online, and one will be held for you at the library for pickup.
- Other technology equipment can be requested online and picked up at the library:
- How to pay your fines/fees.
- Detailed information about checking out and returning library materials can be found on our Checkout Policies page.
- For questions about the checkout and return process, you can call 619-388-7610. If we are closed, leave a message or send an email to: email@example.com.
We Have Electronic Resources For You!
You can access ebooks, online full-text articles, and streaming videos anytime!
- Current Miramar College students, faculty, and staff have 24/7 online access to the library's online article and reference databases, ebook collections, and streaming video resources that are searchable through the OneSearch platform.
- Personalized assistance and support—from your Miramar Faculty Librarian team—is also available as follows:
- For an overview of all options for getting research help, please see our Reference Assistance page.
- For technical support with library database/e-resource access or logon issues, please email our Systems/Technical Services Librarian (Roger Olson) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For library public service or reference assistance questions, please email our Library Dept. Chair/Public Services Librarian (Mary Hart) at email@example.com.
- For library instruction or OER questions, please email our Instruction/OER Librarian (Angela Boyd) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Books at the Library
Be sure to check out our book display celebrating Native American Heritge Month the next time you visit the library (it's located just to your right as you enter), or browse it virtually now. While you're at it, have a look at some of our recently-acquired books and ebooks.
San Diego Miramar College Library Satisfaction Survey
Please take a few minutes to answer some questions about our services and resources. Your feedback and suggestions are important to us and will assist the department with improvements to provide better services and resources. Your responses will be kept completely confidential.
Returning Your Checked-Out Library Books
A self-service bookdrop has been set up near the main entrance to the H Building (Arts and Humanities).
To get there, enter parking lot #2 from Black Mountain Road and head for the H Building. The bookdrop is located close to the curb right in front of the main entrance. Simply swing by and drop your books into the slot.
There is also a self-service bookdrop located just outside of the library's main entrance on the second floor of the LLRC building.
Note: Laptop computers and calculators cannot be returned in the bookdrop.
Contact Info & Hours
- For general library information, call 619-388-7610.
- For research help during business hours, call the Reference Desk at 619-388-7611.
- For additional research help options, see our Reference Assistance page.
- Open Monday-Thursday: 9:00am-6:00pm
- Open Friday: 10:00am-4:00pm
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
- Holiday closures:
- November 11th (Veterans Day)
- November 19th-27th (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 19th- January 3rd, 2023 (Winter Break)
Online resources and support are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through LibChat.