Get in touch
Library Research: Tools & Assistance
- Articles & Databases
- eBook Collections
- Streaming Video Collections
- Research Guides
- Reference Assistance
Announcements & Information
Library Print Book, Resources, and Laptop Pick-up & Return Event - August 17th & 18th, 2021
Dear San Diego Miramar College Students,
We would like to remind you that all Library materials, such as laptops, books, and calculators, borrowed during the Spring 2021 Semester are due June 1st. Please drop off your Library items during the August 17th & August 18th Miramar Library Resource Pick-up & Return Event.
*Library books can be returned earlier by using the self-service book-drop near the main entrance to the H Building (Arts and Humanities).
Updated information about the Library Materials Checkout and Return Event (including instructions on how to submit online reservations, and pick-up location).
Online All Library materials, such as laptops, books, and calculators, borrowed during the Summer 2021 Semester are due 08/17/2021. Please drop off your Library items during the August 17th & August 18th Miramar Library Resource Pick-up & Return Event.
Online reservations for Library materials (such as laptops, books, and calculators) for Summer 2021 Semester opens Tuesday, July 13th. Last day to submit reservations is Monday, August 16th.
*Students will receive a confirmation email stating whether or not their requested item(s) are available and ready for pick-up in time for the next San Diego Miramar College Check in/out Event-August 17th and August 18th
Direct Links for Requesting Laptops & Calculators:
- Laptop Request
- Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator Request
- Texas Instruments TI-34 Multiview Scientific Calculator Request
- How to pay your fines/fees.
- Students MUST provide a valid government issued photo ID (e.g., Driver's License, Passport) along with their student ID at time of pick-up.
- Please note, only one Library laptop Loan per student across the SDCCD campuses (Miramar College, Mesa College, & City College).
- Borrowers assume responsibility for all of their library materials.
- Students should be aware that the late return of any Library materials may result in a delay or hold on their student account.
- During the event, face coverings shall be worn as required in the California Department of Public Health Face Covering Guidance.
- Miramar College does not provide any technical assistance laptops that are checked out to students. Laptops that students check out are considered a personal device for the duration of the checkout period. Students may configure and/or install software however they wish, but as with a personal laptop, students will need to arrange their own technical support if any is needed.
- For questions about check out and return process, you can call (619) 388-7310 and leave a message, or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We Have Electronic Resources For You!
You can access ebooks, online full-text articles, and streaming videos anytime!
Dear Miramar College Community:
Although the Library/LRC buildings are now closed (due to the COVID-19 pandemic), your access to the library's extensive collection of electronic resources (plus research help services) continues:
- Current Miramar College students, faculty, and staff have 24/7 online access to the library's streaming video resources, online article and reference databases, and ebook collections that are searchable through the OneSearch platform.
- During designated times throughout the semester, you will be able to come to the Miramar College campus for pickup of library books and laptop computers. Announcements and details will be posted here, on the Library homepage.
- Personalized assistance and support—from your Miramar Faculty Librarian team—is also available as follows:
- For an overview of all options for getting research help, please see our Reference Assistance page.
- For technical support with library database/e-resource access or logon issues, please email our Systems/Technical Services Librarian (Roger Olson) at email@example.com.
- For library public service or reference assistance questions, please email our Library Dept. Chair/Public Services Librarian (Mary Hart) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For library instruction or OER questions, please email our Instruction/OER Librarian (Angela Boyd) at email@example.com.
Returning Your Checked-Out Library Books
Even though the library remains closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there is still a way for you to return the books you have checked out.
A self-service bookdrop has been set up near the main entrance to the H Building (Arts and Humanities).
To get there, enter parking lot #2 (the WiFi parking lot) from Black Mountain Road and head for the H Building. The bookdrop is located close to the curb right in front of the main entrance. Simply swing by and drop your books into the slot.
Parking lot #2 is open Monday-Thursday from 8am to 8pm and on Friday between 8am and 3pm.
Laptop computers cannot be returned in the bookdrop.
Contact Info & Hours
Phone: 619-388-7310 (During the COVID-19 campus closure, please leave a message along with your contact information.)
Hours: Closed until further notice.