Get in touch
Library Research: Tools & Assistance
- OneSearch (find articles, books, videos, and more)
- Articles & Databases
- eBook Collections
- Streaming Video Collections
- Get Research Assistance from a Librarian
- Research Guides
- Other Libraries
Announcements & Information
Spring 2022 Semester Reopening Updates
Dear San Diego Miramar College Students,
Welcome back! We are glad to announce that the Miramar College library is now open. To maintain the safety of staff and students, face coverings are required when on campus. Students must agree to follow COVID-19 safety precautions and guidelines shared on our Miramar College website.
Virtual services are available through the Miramar College Library website. You can connect with librarians for research assistance or get help with general questions from library staff. Physical books are available for checkout and in-library use. Group study rooms are once again open to students (albeit with limitations on seating). Interlibrary loan service between the SDCCD campuses has resumed as a regular service.
Spring Service Hours
- Monday-Thursday from 9:00am to 6:00pm, Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- The library will be closed from May 28th through June 20th.
- While the library is closed, you can return checked-out books in our bookdrop.
Summer Service Hours
- Library will reopen on June 21st
- Monday-Thursday from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Closed Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Laptop loan online requests are available. Request a laptop online and one will be held for you at the library for pickup.
- Library technology equipment loan online requests are available.
- How to pay your fines/fees.
- Detailed information about checking out and returning library materials can be found on our Checkout Policies page.
- For questions about the checkout and return process, you can call 619-388-7610. If we are closed, leave a message or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Have Electronic Resources For You!
You can access ebooks, online full-text articles, and streaming videos anytime!
Although our Library/LRC building is now open with limited in-person service hours (due to the COVID-19 pandemic), your 24/7 access to the library's extensive collection of electronic resources (plus research help services) continues:
- Current Miramar College students, faculty, and staff have 24/7 online access to the library's online article and reference databases, ebook collections, and streaming video resources that are searchable through the OneSearch platform.
- Personalized assistance and support—from your Miramar Faculty Librarian team—is also available as follows:
- For an overview of all options for getting research help, please see our Reference Assistance page.
- For technical support with library database/e-resource access or logon issues, please email our Systems/Technical Services Librarian (Roger Olson) at email@example.com.
- For library public service or reference assistance questions, please email our Library Dept. Chair/Public Services Librarian (Mary Hart) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For library instruction or OER questions, please email our Instruction/OER Librarian (Angela Boyd) at email@example.com.
Returning Your Checked-Out Library Books
A self-service bookdrop has been set up near the main entrance to the H Building (Arts and Humanities).
To get there, enter parking lot #2 (the WiFi parking lot) from Black Mountain Road and head for the H Building. The bookdrop is located close to the curb right in front of the main entrance. Simply swing by and drop your books into the slot.
Parking lot #2 is open Monday-Thursday from 8am to 8pm and on Friday between 8am and 3pm.
Laptop computers and calculators cannot be returned in the bookdrop.
Contact Info & Hours
- For general library information, call 619-388-7610.
- For research help during business hours, call the Reference Desk at 619-388-7611.
- For additional research help options, see our Reference Assistance page.
- Open Monday-Thursday: 9:00am-6:00pm, Friday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
- Closed May 28th through June 20th
- The library will reopen on June 21st
- Closed July 4th - Independence Day
Online resources and support are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through LibChat.