Get in touch
Library Research: Tools & Assistance
- OneSearch (find articles, books, videos, and more)
- Articles & Databases
- eBook Collections
- Streaming Video Collections
- Get Research Assistance from a Librarian
- Research Guides
Announcements & Information
Fall 2021 Semester Reopening Updates
Dear San Diego Miramar College Students,
We look forward to welcoming you back! We are glad to announce that, beginning with the Fall 2021 semester, the Miramar College Library will be open. Service hours will be limited as we move back into full service. To maintain the safety of staff and students, face coverings are required when on campus, as per the California Department of Public Health's Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings. Students must agree to follow COVID-19 safety precautions and guidelines shared on our Miramar College website
Virtual services will also remain available through the Miramar College Library website. You can connect with librarians for research assistance or get help with general questions from library staff. Physical books will continue to be available for checkout and in-library use. Interlibrary loan service between the SDCCD campuses will resume as a regular service.
Beginning November 1st our library service hours will be extended to:
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:30am to 3:00pm
- Laptop loan online requests are available. Request a laptop online and one will be held for you at the library for pickup.
- How to pay your fines/fees.
- Detailed information about checking out and returning library materials can be found on our Checkout Policies page.
- For questions about the checkout and return process, you can call (619) 388-7310 and leave a message, or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Have Electronic Resources For You!
You can access ebooks, online full-text articles, and streaming videos anytime!
Although our Library/LRC building is now open with limited in-person service hours (due to the COVID-19 pandemic), your 24/7 access to the library's extensive collection of electronic resources (plus research help services) continues:
- Current Miramar College students, faculty, and staff have 24/7 online access to the library's online article and reference databases, ebook collections, and streaming video resources that are searchable through the OneSearch platform.
- Personalized assistance and support—from your Miramar Faculty Librarian team—is also available as follows:
- For an overview of all options for getting research help, please see our Reference Assistance page.
- For technical support with library database/e-resource access or logon issues, please email our Systems/Technical Services Librarian (Roger Olson) at email@example.com.
- For library public service or reference assistance questions, please email our Library Dept. Chair/Public Services Librarian (Mary Hart) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For library instruction or OER questions, please email our Instruction/OER Librarian (Angela Boyd) at email@example.com.
Returning Your Checked-Out Library Books
A self-service bookdrop has been set up near the main entrance to the H Building (Arts and Humanities).
To get there, enter parking lot #2 (the WiFi parking lot) from Black Mountain Road and head for the H Building. The bookdrop is located close to the curb right in front of the main entrance. Simply swing by and drop your books into the slot.
Parking lot #2 is open Monday-Thursday from 8am to 8pm and on Friday between 8am and 3pm.
Laptop computers and calculators cannot be returned in the bookdrop.
Contact Info & Hours
- For general library information, call 619-388-7310.
- For research help, call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Reference Desk.
- For additional research help options, see our Reference Assistance page.
- Open Wednesdays and Thursdays: 10:00am-3:00pm
- Closed Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Beginning on November 2, we will be open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: 9:30am-3:00pm
- Holiday closure September 6 (Labor Day)
- Holiday closure November 11 (Veterans Day)
- Holiday closure November 19-28 (Thanksgiving Break)