Library Research: Tools & Assistance
- OneSearch (find articles, books, videos, and more)
- Articles & Databases
- eBook Collections
- Open-Access Collections
- Streaming Video Collections
- Get Research Assistance from a Librarian
- Research Guides
- Other Libraries
Announcements & Information
Library Service Hours
- Monday-Thursday from 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Friday from 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
The library's popular walk-in workshops are presented on Wednesdays at noon. Each weekly 30-minute workshop is devoted to a different topic. Our next workshop topic will be: Anything Goes: You Decide. Check out this semester's schedule and come join us in room L-208.
Student Email Accounts
Be sure to sign up for your SDCCD student email account. Important library reminders and notifications will be sent to your "student.sdccd.edu" email. If you haven't already done so, here is information on creating your student email account.
Laptop & Equipment Checkout Information
- We have laptop computers available for you to borrow. Request a laptop online, and one will be held for you at the library. When your laptop is ready for pickup, we will send a notice to your "student.sdccd.edu" email account.
- Other technology equipment can be requested online and picked up at the library:
- Detailed information about checking out and returning library materials can be found on our Checkout Policies page.
- For questions about the checkout and return process, you can call 619-388-7310. If we are closed, leave a message or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to pay your fines/fees
We Have Electronic Resources For You!
You can access ebooks, online full-text articles, and streaming videos anytime!
- Current Miramar College students, faculty, and staff have 24/7 online access to the library's online article and reference databases, ebook collections, and streaming video resources that are searchable through the OneSearch platform.
- Personalized assistance and support—from your Miramar Faculty Librarian team—is also available as follows:
- For an overview of all options for getting research help, please see our Reference Assistance page.
- For technical support with library database/e-resource access or logon issues, please email our Systems/Technical Services Librarian (Roger Olson) at email@example.com.
- For library public service or reference assistance questions, please email our Library Dept. Chair/Public Services Librarian (Mary Hart) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For library instruction or OER questions, please email our Instruction/OER Librarian (Angela Boyd) at email@example.com.
Featured Books at the Library
Be sure to check out our featured books display the next time you visit the library (it's located just to your right as you enter). Currently we are displaying some of the latest books we've added to our collection. You can also browse online through our recently-acquired books and eBooks.
Returning Your Checked-Out Library Books
A self-service bookdrop is located near the main entrance to the H Building (Arts and Humanities).
To get there, enter parking lot #2 from Black Mountain Road and head for the H Building. The bookdrop is located close to the curb right in front of the main entrance. Simply swing by and drop your books into the slot.
There is also a self-service bookdrop just outside of the library's main entrance on the second floor of the LLRC building.
Note: Laptop computers and calculators cannot be returned in the bookdrop.
San Diego Miramar College Library Satisfaction Survey
Please take a few minutes to answer some questions about our services and resources. Your feedback and suggestions are important to us and will assist the department with improvements to provide better services and resources. Your responses will be kept completely confidential.
Contact Info & Hours
- For general library information, call 619-388-7310.
- For research help during business hours, call the Reference Desk at 619-388-7611.
- For additional research help options, see our Reference Assistance page.
Fall Session Hours (August 21, 2023-December 15, 2023)
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00am-6:00pm
- Friday 9:00am-1:00pm
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
- Holiday closures:
- December 18, 2023 - January 1, 2024 (Winter Break)
Online resources and support are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through LibChat.