Get in touch
Welcome to San Diego Miramar College: San Diego Promise
The San Diego Promise is a two-year completion program that provides unparalleled access to community college education by removing financial barriers and providing wrap around support. The program provides up to two years of free tuition to eligible students. Participation in the Promise program comes with a variety of benefits: an assigned peer mentor, counseling retention & interventions, and additional campus engagement opportunities.
As of August 22nd, the Promise Application is closed.
If you have questions about the Promise program at San Diego Miramar College, please email email@example.com
Check out the Fall 2022 Promise Orientation here! - https://youtu.be/JZ6U8Mn0uv4
Find out if you are eligible to obtain up to TWO YEARS TUITION FREE!
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Eligibility for the San Diego Promise 2022-2023 Cohort: Class of 2022 high school graduate, California resident for tuition purposes or AB540 eligible, and completion of a 2022-2023 FAFSA or California Dream Act.
- Must be a first-time to college student*
- Must be a class of 2021 high school graduate** (H.S. Diploma or GED) OR identify with one of the following groups:
- Foster Youth Student
- Veteran of U.S. Armed Forces
- Formerly Incarcerated Student
- Undocumented Student
- Must be a California resident or AB 540 eligible
- Must Complete a 2021-2022 financial aid application (FAFSA or Dream Act)
- Must be prepared to enroll in a minimum of 12 units each semester (does not apply to students with disability (DSPS) accommodation on file)
*Student who completed college courses while in high school are eligible
** First time to college, class of 2020 high school graduates (H.S. Diploma or GED) maybe eligible
The Promise application is now closed for the 22-23 Academic Year.
- Up to two years of free tuition and health fees
- Books grants for eligible students
- Access to Peer Mentors/Success Coach
- Individualized counseling guidance support to complete your education goals
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS to maintain your eligibility*
- Attend a Promise orientation
- Sign a Promise contract
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units each semester
- Maintain a 2.0 college GPA
- Meet with a counselor each semester
- Complete a comprehensive education plan
*Students that meet the program requirements in their first year may be eligible for a second year
For more information, please visit SDCCD Future Promise Students
Follow us on Instagram: @sdpromise_miramar