Get in touch
Welcome to San Diego Miramar College: San Diego Promise
The San Diego Promise is a two-year completion program for recent high school graduates enrolled full-time (12 units per semester). The program provides up to two years of free tuition to eligible students. Participation in the Promise program comes with a variety of benefits: an assigned peer mentor, counseling retention & interventions, and additional campus engagement opportunities.
From Monday 1/3/2022 to Friday 1/14/2022 Outreach will be working Remotely. Please contact us via email if you need assistance.
The San Diego Promise application for Spring 2022 is now open!
Applications for early Class of 2022 high school graduates entering Miramar College in Spring 2022 is now available. Please sign-up at this link: https://forms.gle/G46Gjyz4YDnv3HqH9
If you have questions about the Promise program at San Diego Miramar College, please email email@example.com
Find out if you are eligible to obtain up to TWO YEARS TUITION FREE!
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Eligibility for the San Diego Promise 2021-2022 Cohort: Class of 2021 high school graduate, California resident for tuition purposes or AB540 eligible, and completion of a 2021-2022 FAFSA or California Dream Act.
- Must be a first-time to college student*
- Must be a class of 2021 high school graduate** (H.S. Diploma or GED) OR identify with one of the following groups:
- Foster Youth Student
- Veteran of U.S. Armed Forces
- Formerly Incarcerated Student
- Undocumented Student
- Must be a California resident or AB 540 eligible
- Must Complete a 2021-2022 financial aid application (FAFSA or Dream Act)
- Must be prepared to enroll in a minimum of 12 units each semester (does not apply to students with disability (DSPS) accommodation on file)
*Student who completed college courses while in high school are eligible
** First time to college, class of 2020 high school graduates (H.S. Diploma or GED) maybe eligible
To find out if you may qualify to participate in the San Diego Promise, please submit a Promise application. Your application will be reviewed for eligibility purposes.
- Up to two years of free tuition and health fees
- Books grants for eligible students
- Access to Peer Mentors/Success Coach
- Individualized counseling guidance support to complete your education goals
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS to maintain your eligibility*
- Attend a Promise orientation
- Sign a Promise contract
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units each semester
- Maintain a 2.0 college GPA
- Meet with a counselor each semester
- Complete a comprehensive education plan
*Students that meet the program requirements in their first year may be eligible for a second year
For more information, please visit SDCCD Future Promise Students
Instagram: Follow us at @sdpromise_miramar
If you have questions about the San Diego Promise program at Miramar College, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.