Mental Health Counseling is available in the Student Health Center & Their Canvas Shell
Every Enrolled SDCCD Student Now Has Access to a Student Email! Benefits: Use applications in the Microsoft 365 suite for Students such as Word, Excel and OneDrive with 1 TB storage.
Welcome to San Diego Miramar College: San Diego Promise
The San Diego Promise is a two-year completion program that provides unparalleled access to community college education by removing financial barriers and providing wrap around support. The program provides up to two years of free tuition to eligible students. Participation in the Promise program comes with a variety of benefits: an assigned peer mentor, counseling retention & interventions, and additional campus engagement opportunities.
The Spring 2024 Application has opened! Apply here by January 14th, 2024 at 11:59 p.m.
If you have questions about the Promise program at San Diego Miramar College, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Promise Students!
Follow us on Instagram: @sdpromise_miramar
In order to qualify for the San Diego Promise Program, you must meet the following criteria:
- First time college student, or
- Returning SDCCD students who have not enrolled in courses for three or more semesters (Not including summer), or
- Identify with one of the following groups:
- San Diego College of Continuing Education Students
- Foster Youth Student
- Veteran of U.S. Armed Forces
- Formerly Incarcerated Student
- Undocumented Student
- Must be a California resident or AB 540 eligible
- Must complete a financial aid application (Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) or CA Dream Act)
- Must have completed a High School Diploma, GED, or High School Equivalency*
*Students who completed college courses in high school are eligible for the San Diego Promise Program
- Up to two years of free tuition and covered health fees
- Books grants for eligible students
- Access to Peer Mentors/Success Coach
- Individualized counseling guidance support to complete your education goals
- Attend a Promise orientation
- Sign a Promise contract
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units each semester
- Maintain a 2.0 college GPA
- Meet with a counselor each semester
- Complete a comprehensive education plan
- Attend a Miramar activity or event. You can view the calendar for events here .
*Students that meet the program requirements in their first year may be eligible for a second year