Access videos online
- Academic Video Online (AVON) - Multidisciplinary collection of many thousands of videos spanning a wide range of subject areas such as anthropology, business, counseling, film, health, history, music, and more.
- Archival Films & Newsreels (Films on Demand) - NEW - Historical collection of films and film clips, dating from the beginning of the 20th century to more recent times, culled from various archives and news organizations.
- Feature Films for Education - NEW - Collection of full-length feature films and documentaries.
- Film Platform - Award-winning documentary films selected from prestigious film festivals and made by the best filmmakers, including many OSCAR-nominated and OSCAR-shortlisted documentaries.
- Films on Demand - Database featuring thousands of educational videos (both full-length videos and video clips) in a wide variety of subject areas.
○ Browse Films on Demand by Subject
- JoVE Science Education - Video library dedicated to teaching scientific fundamentals through simple, easy-to-understand video demonstrations. Subject categories include: biology, chemistry, clinical skills, engineering, environmental sciences, physics, and psychology.
- Kanopy - Curated collection of feature films and documentaries. Titles are added by faculty request.
- PBS Video Collection - PBS documentaries and series covering science, history, the arts, diversity, business, economics, and more.
- Swank Digital Campus - Collection of movies from major Hollywood studios (Columbia, Lionsgate, Miramax, MGM, United Artists, Warner Bros., etc.), as well as from an assortment of independent studios.
- Netflix Educational Documentaries - A selection of Netflix documentaries now made available for educational screening.
- 3C Media Solutions Videos - Collection of streaming videos created by instructors and students of the California Community Colleges system.
- Library Research Video Tutorials - Growing collection of videos and tutorials created primarily by your Miramar College faculty librarians to help you get the most out of the library and its resources.