Verification is the process by which the Student Assistance Technician compares the information on the financial aid application with the documents provided by the student to verify the accuracy of the application information.
Beginning in May, you will be notified of any documentation that will be needed to complete your file. These documents and forms must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible to allow reasonable processing time. A file is considered INCOMPLETE if any required documents or forms are missing.
Forms and Documents can be accessed below.
IRS Return Transcripts
If do not use the IRS Data Retrieval when completing your FAFSA online and you are required to verify your tax and income information, you must provide an IRS Tax Transcript to our office.
We can no longer accept copies of federal tax returns (1040EZ, 1040A, 1040)
How to request an IRS Tax Return Transcript:
- You and/or your parents may order it online by clicking this link. IRS Tax Transcripts. You will be able to view and print your Tax Transcript immediately. Be sure to select the "TAX RETURN" transcript and not the Tax Account Transcripts.
- You and/or your parents may call 1-800-908-9946 and under the options select IRS Tax Transcript. Do not select IRS Account Summary.
Important note: You cannot use the IRS online process if you need transcripts mailed to an address other than the one the IRS has on file for you. To send your transcript to a different address, complete and send Form 4506-T (IRS Request for Transcript of Tax Return).
Students who are in an appeal situation or want a sophomore level loan must submit a computerized Educational Plan. Students transferring to a four-year institution must include in their Educational Plan a declaration of a major. For an Educational Plan, call the Counseling Office at (619) 388-7840 or (858) 536-7840 for an appointment with a Counselor.
All first-time borrowers of the Federal Direct Student Loan must complete the loan entrance counseling. Federal regulations also require that if you cease to be enrolled in at least six units in the San Diego Community College District, you must attend an exit counseling workshop. It is your responsibility to notify the Financial Aid Office if you drop below six units during the semester.
Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling are now available on the World Wide Web at http://studentloans.gov.
Some students are selected for verification by the Central Processor. Verification means that the Financial Aid Office must verify the accuracy of the application by comparing the source documentation with the information the student has reported on the FAFSA application. Requests for additional documentation are based on the student's individual circumstances; therefore not all documents listed below may be necessary. Moreover, additional documentation not listed below may be requested to support the information reported on the student's aid application.
(Fall 2023/Spring 2024/Summer 2024)
Forms uploaded here - http://faupload.mysdccd.info
- 2023-2024 Verification Worksheet for Dependent Student
- 2023-2024 Verification Worksheet for Independent Student
- IRS Tax RETURN Transcripts
- 2023-2024 Household Size Confirmation (Student Dependent Confirmation)
- 2023-2024 Verification of Identity and Statement of Education (must be submitted in person)
- 2023-2024 Unusual Enrollment History
- 2023-2024 SAP Appeal Form
- 2023-2024 Income Reduction Request
- 2023-2024 Dependency Petition
- FA Password Selection Form
- Authorization of Release of Student Financial Aid Records
- 2023-2024 CCPG Application
- 2023-2024 Subsidized Loan Request
- 2023-2024 Unsubsidized Loan Request (Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)