Completing the FAFSA/CADAA


The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is an all-purpose application for the following programs:

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • On and Off Campus Employment Programs
    • Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)
    • Learning Alignment Employment Program (LAEP)
  • Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW)
  • Cal Grants A, B, or C
  • Full-Time Student Success Grant (FTSSG)
  • California National Guard Education Assistance Award Program (CNG EAAP)
  • Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS)
  • William D. Ford Federal Direct Loans
  • Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)

Apply now  on the FAFSA website at

When applying, you will be asked to enter a school code to the college you wish to receive financial aid

Miramar College:  014172

The FSA ID [username and password] must be used to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to


The California Dream Act (2011) allows AB 540 students to apply for state-funded financial aid, known as Cal Grants, and non-state funded scholarships.

  • The CA Dream Act Application priority filing deadline: October 1 - March 2
  • The CA Dream Act Application is FREE
  • If you are interested in learning more about services for undocumented AB 540 students, please visit

Miramar Dreamer Support Program

Re-Applying for Aid

To be reconsidered for aid, you must re-apply for aid each year. You may do this by completing the online FAFSA application at, or for the Dream Act at


You should apply early for financial aid whether or not you have been accepted for admission to the San Diego Community College District.

  • Financial Aid Office cannot begin processing of your application until you apply for admission to the college.
  • A current Admissions Application to the College must be on file before we can process your FAFSA application. Complete the application using your personal information as it appears on your Social Security card. You must provide your Social Security number in the application or our office will not be able to process your financial aid.
  • To receive aid, you must be enrolled in a program of study leading to an associate degree, certificate of achievement, or transfer to a four-year college. You must be enrolled in at least one class at Miramar College every semester to receive your financial aid. Classes taken at Mesa, City, and ECC will be counted towards your total enrollment.
  • You are encouraged to follow an Educational Plan and to enroll only in classes towards your stated educational goals. You are also encouraged to receive financial aid from the campus that offers your declared major. Failure to do so could result in denial of financial aid.
  • You must meet and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Please refer to the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
  • As of July 1, 2012 you must have a high school diploma, General Education Diploma (GED) or a State approved High School equivalency. With the elimination of the Ability to Benefit (ATB) regulations, students will no longer have the option to pass an ATB test or to successfully complete 6 core/degree applicable units to qualify for aid, unless they attended any college prior to July 1, 2012. Students, who had previously qualified under the ATB regulations, will continue to be eligible to apply for Federal Financial Aid.
  • You must not be in default on any Federal Education Loan (Perkins, Stafford, PLUS, Direct), or any other Federal loan at any college or institution.
  • You must not owe a refund or repayment on any Title IV grant program (Federal Pell, Federal SEOG, State Student Incentive Grant) at any college or institution.
  • You cannot receive aid while simultaneously enrolled in elementary or secondary school (high school) and college. You cannot receive federal or state grants and loans from two separate colleges at the same time.
  • You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States or be in the country for other than a temporary purpose with the intention of becoming a permanent resident. You may be required to provide proof of U.S. citizenship. Eligible non-citizens may be required to provide proof of permanent residency for federal aid. (Alien Registration Cards I 94, I 155, I 688 or U.S. Immigration and Naturalization letter granting asylum, etc.). Students with only “Work Authorization” status from the USCIS/DHS and the SSA are not Title IV eligible. International/Foreign Students (I 20 Visa holders) are also not eligible for financial aid. For further information regarding other eligible immigration status, please contact your Financial Aid Office.
  • If you are a male, your Selective Service registration must be confirmed by the Selective Service agency, or you will be required to present a letter from Selective Service indicating that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or that you are not required to register.
  • You must provide proof of a valid social security number if requested.
  • You can only receive financial aid for up to one repeat of any course with a passing grade (“D” grades are considered passing for purposes of repetition).
  • You will be ineligible for a period of time if you are convicted for the possession or sale of illegal drugs for an offense that occurred while you were receiving federal student aid.

These are the general eligibility requirements. Depending on the financial aid program or your unique circumstances, you may have other eligibility requirements that must be met before receiving financial aid.