Get in touch
The San Diego Community College District will be on remote operation status for Spring 2021.
During this time, classes and essential services will continue, although all district campuses and facilities will be closed. For status updates, visit www.sdccd.edu.
Join our Miramar Dreamers Email List to receive emails with upcoming events and important information:https://forms.gle/9MhtmXWLrZaaTK9MA
The California Community College's Chancellor's Office has the most up-to-date information on their Undocumented Student Resource Page. Check it out!
San Diego Miramar College has a great page as well: Student Resources During COVID 19 as it pertains to our campus resources and updates.
San Diego Miramar College
Supports Our Undocumented Students!
San Diego Miramar College, in alignment with the San Diego Community College District Board of Trustees, is deeply committed to the inclusion of all people, regardless of their race, ethnicity, heritage, national origin, immigration status, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, or disability.
San Diego Miramar College is committed to the following:
- Protect students in every way possible under the law
- Will not provide students records unless required by law
- Will provide information via workshops and legal counsel
- Will not allow college police participation in immigration enforcement on campus
- Will advocate to current President and Congress
San Diego Miramar Dreamers Support Services
Who we are: A resource for undocumented students and allies to come together and share community and conversations around topics pertaining to current events, legislation updates, resources, feelings and more.
What we do: We are committed to providing a safe space where undocumented students and allies can find:
- One-on-One counseling
- Free legal services to Miramar students/referrals to community agencies who offer legal aid
- Assistance with Dream Act applications
- Assistance with scholarships
- Assistance with DACA renewals and NEW applications (as of December 2020 new applications are being taken)
- Refer to mental wellness services on campus and outside agencies
- Workshops and events (Virtual for now)
- Undocu-Ally training for faculty and staff so our campus can best serve our undocumented students
Location: K1-304 (Virtual Services Spring 2021)
The DREAM Team
Dennise Gomez-Singh, DREAMERS Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays
Sandy Gonzalez, DREAMERS Counselor, email@example.com, Wednesdays
Edward J. Borek III, DREAMERS Project Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mondays
Dreamers Support Services is funded by a California Campus Catalyst Grant from Immigrants Rising