Paying for College in California as an Undocumented Student
The California Dream Act (2011) allows undocumented and AB540 students to apply for and receive California (state-funded) Financial Aid.
- The California Dream Act (2011) allows undocumented students and students to apply for and receive state-funded financial aid. More information is available from the California Student Aid Commission.
- AB540 (2001) allows qualifying students to pay in-state tuition at public universities. California was the first state to pass such legislation.
- Submit your Dream Act application before March 2nd at www.caldreamact.org
- California Dream Act FAQ's For Students and Parents
Need Cash for College?
Have questions about FAFSA or CADAA? Attend one of our CSAC Statewide Cash for College Webinars! These webinars will provide students and their families information on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and California Dream Act Application (CADAA).
Don't know which application to complete?
FAFSA filers are a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen.
For more on FAFSA eligibility click here.
CADAA filers are undocumented and nonresident students.
For more on CADAA eligibility click here.
The following documents can come in handy when filling out FAFSA or Dream Act:
- Your parents and your FSA ID (For FAFSA filers ONLY) or Dream Act Account (For CADAA filers)
- Driver's License, if you have one
- Social Security Card, if you have one
- Alien Registration Card, if you have one
- ITIN, if you have one
- List of colleges you are interested in to list on the applications
- Most current bank statements
- Any records of untaxed income
- 2019 tax information (1040’s and W2’s)
- This includes your parents' tax information if you are a dependent student.
- Am I an independent or dependent student?
What is an FSA ID? An FSA ID is a username and password that gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature.
San Diego Miramar College-Financial Aid
The school code for San Diego Miramar College is 014172
Financial Aid Liaison & Undocu-Ally: Florencia Alvarado, email: firstname.lastname@example.org