Cost of Attendance


Determination of your financial need is based on information you provide on your FAFSA application. A student budget is an estimate of how much it will cost you to attend college and support yourself during the period of attendance.

Listed below are the student budgets for the 2021–22 school year. Your actual costs may differ from our standard budgets.


Fees are subject to change at any time based on decisions by the State Legislature.

  With Parents Off Campus
Enrollment Fees $1,104 $1,104
Health Fee $40 $40
Food and Housing $9,082 $17,254
Transportation $1,000 $918
Personal Expenses $3,276 $3,844
Books and Supplies $1,126 $1,126
Total $15,628 $24,286
  • Tuition costs for non-resident (Out of State) students will be added to the budgets
  • Loan fees of 1.062% will be added when applying for a loan. [loan origination fees may increase at any time at the discretion of the U.S. Department of Education]
At the discretion of the Financial Aid Director or designee, adjustments may be made to an individual student’s budget to reflect special circumstances.

Cost of Education - Expected Family Contribution = Gross Financial Need

Your expected family contribution (the amount you and/ or your parents are expected to contribute for educational costs) is calculated taking into account your taxable income, non-taxable benefits, and assets. This is then added to any expected parent contribution, calculated from their taxable income and non-taxable benefits and assets, if applicable, and is subtracted from your student budget.

The difference is your financial need. The family contribution is determined using a federal formula which takes into account the size of your household, the number of students attending college, your age and/or your parents' age, as well as other factors. Any additional financial resources such as AmeriCorps, or any outside scholarships, BIA grants, fee waivers, etc. are aid resources and will be deducted from your financial need.

If you do not qualify for financial assistance but you have special circumstances such as loss of employment or income separation or divorce, death of a parent, etc., please contact the Financial Aid Office.