Deadlines to Apply to Graduate
- Fall Diplomas are generally mailed the following February.
- February 15: Deadline to Apply to Graduate for students transferring to a CSU in Fall 2022 who are completing an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or an Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T).
- March 15: Deadline to Apply to Graduate and ensure student name will be included in the commencement program.
- April 30: Deadline to Apply to Graduate for an Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement and be a Spring graduate.
- Spring Diplomas are generally mailed the following August.
- July 31: Deadline to Apply to Graduate for an Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement and be a Summer graduate.
- Summer Diplomas are generally mailed the following October.
How to Apply to Graduate
All students must Apply to Graduate with an Associates Degree or Certificate of Achievement through their mySDCCD Portal. Students' degrees/certificates will be listed under the Apply to Graduate Tab. If you do not see the correct degree/certificate, you should meet with a counselor in order to make sure you have the proper Education Plan in place.
Counselors cannot Apply to Graduate on behalf of a student, they can only guide students and ensure Ed Plans are in place.
- Log into your mySDCCD Portal
- Click Apply to Graduate in the My Success Path widget or under the My Academics Tab
- Check to see that your degree/certificate is listed. You can apply for multiple degrees/certificates at one time but you do not have to.
- Click Apply to Graduate
- Complete the information and re-check thoroughly to make sure you have requested the correct dates.
- After submitting your application, be sure to note the timeline and dates for processing as well as how to register for the Commencement Ceremony
For more information you can view the Graduation Checklist and Frequently Asked Questions about Graduation webpages.