All prerequisites, co-requisites and limitations on enrollment as stated in the course descriptions of the college catalog will be strictly enforced at the time of a student's registration.
To Clear Prerequisites or Co-requisites
- Please visit the Forms and Documents page, download & complete the Proof of Prerequisite form, and upload the form with attached unofficial transcripts or supporting documentation. Requests will be processed in approximately 1-3 business days. Please watch the YouTube videos on that page for detailed instructions for submitting forms.
- Supporting documentation to clear prerequisites may include: qualifying Advanced Placement (AP) Test Scores, College level courses, some high school credit, qualifying test scores: SAT, ACT, EAP, etc., and certain licenses and certifications.
- If you have any questions about your prerequisites or what classes your prerequisites will cover you can email the counselors at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student ID#, your unofficial transcript, the filled out Proof of Prerequisite form and your questions - responses may take up to a week.
- Students who believe they have met a prerequisite at another institution are strongly advised to have all official transcripts of prior college work and other documentation on file well in advance of registration. This will minimize registration delays.
- Students may not bring an unofficial copy of prior college transcripts to the counseling office for processing because the office is currently closed.
Please send official transcripts and test scores to email@example.com
Official copies of your test scores or transcripts can be mailed but will be severely delayed due to COVID-19:
San Diego Community College District Attn: Prerequisite Evaluators 3375 Camino del Rio South San Diego, CA 92108-3883
UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT CLEAR THE ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENT NEEDED TO RECEIVE A PRIORITY REGISTRATION DATE - PLEASE TAKE THE PLACEMENT ASSISTANT IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ASSESSMENT SCORES, COMPLETE THE ONLINE ORIENTATION AND TURN IT INTO THE ASSESSMENT OFFICE TO GET CREDIT FOR THE ORIENTATION, AND MEET WITH A COUNSELOR TO CREATE A 1-SEMESTER EDUCATIONAL PLAN.