Steps for Requesting a Transcript Evaluation
Step 1: Submit Official Transcripts from all other institutions attended:
Submit all previous Transcripts, AP Scores, IB Scores, or CLEP scores to SDCCD
- The San Diego Community College District is now partnered with Parchment and the National Student Clearinghouse and are accepting official electronic transcripts from these providers.
- Institutions not partnered with Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse can submit official electronic transcripts to the following email address: email@example.com
- Institutions not offering electronic transcripts can mail them to the following address
- San Diego Community College District
Attn: Transcript Department
3375 Camino Del Rio South, Room 100
San Diego, CA 92108
- San Diego Community College District
- Students are responsible for requesting official transcripts from each institution to be sent to SDCCD.
- Transcripts from foreign institutions are not required.
- Official Transcripts can only be accepted up to one year after issuance to use for the evaluation, if older than 1 year they will have to be reordered.
Confirmation of Receipt of Transcripts
- To confirm that your transcripts have been received please contact MiraCounDesk@sdccd.edu.
- Please allow 2-4 weeks after submitting your transcripts before emailing.
- If we have still not received your transcripts please submit a help desk ticket through the mySDCCD Support Desk.
Step 2: Request Transcript Evaluation:
Transcripts are not automatically evaluated. Transcript evaluations take 90 business days (approx 18 weeks) to process
Meet with a counselor. It is highly recommended that you meet with a counselor prior to submitting a request as any changes to your education plan will require this process to start over. Visit the counseling page to learn about the various ways you can meet with a counselor. If you know your education plan is correct then you can skip this step.
Visit our District's Forms & Documents page and scroll down the Request for Transcript Evaluation (Online) form.
Important UC-IGETC Information: If you are planning on clearing the Language Other Than English (LOTE) requirement using high school language classes please upload a copy of your high school transcript when you submit the Evaluation Request. If you skip this step it may cause delays in processing your certificate when you transfer. If you attended a school where English was not the primary language and wish to clear LOTE, please meet with a counselor to discuss that process.
Transcript Evaluations do not take place on college campuses. All evaluation requests are sent to the District from all of our campuses, San Diego Miramar, Mesa, and City College.
After the evaluation is completed (90 business days/3-4 months) you will receive an email from the evaluator prompting you to follow up with a counselor to update your education plan.
If you need to clear prerequisites prior to the evaluation being completed please see this page.
- Transcripts from foreign institutions may be used to meet degree/certificate requirements. It is the choice of the student to request to have this coursework evaluated. It is recommended to speak with a counselor to discuss options.
- If a student would like to submit their foreign transcripts, they must first have them evaluated by a Transcript Evaluation Service. For a list of approved services please visit www.NACES.org.
- Student must request a comprehensive evaluation including both lower and upper-division coursework of the foreign transcript. Other types of evaluations will not be accepted. Even if the transcript is in English, if it is foreign, it must go through this process.
- After the comprehensive evaluation is complete, students must submit it to the campus records office along with a Request for Foreign Transcript Credits so that the coursework can be evaluated for a student's educational goal.
- Submission of transcripts is permanent and cannot be revoked.