Get in touch
Get in touch
WELCOME TO SAN DIEGO MIRAMAR COLLEGE OFFICE OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
The Office of Student Affairs provides a variety of services, activities and learning opportunities designed to engage students in the college experience. Our mission to promote the success of students, enrich the quality of campus life and support classroom instruction through a variety of services including:
- Student Leadership Opportunities
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Free Speech Guidelines and Activities
- Common Application
The Associated Student Government (ASG) offers the opportunity to participate in student government, develop leadership skills, civic engagement such as voter registration drives and coordinate special events. ASG representatives reflect the diversity of the student body and are given the opportunity to recommend policies and procedures. Officers of the ASG are elected at large by the general student body.
For a nominal fee, students can become members of the Associated Student Government. Membership allows the ASG to support campus clubs and organizations, create campus-wide activities and advocate for the student body. All students are welcome to attend weekly ASG meetings.
There are a variety of campus committees that allow students to represent the student body on matters related to budget, curriculum, marketing, diversity and student services. For more information, attend an ASG Meeting.
Student Clubs are an integral part of student life at San Diego Miramar College. It provides opportunities to make friends, pursue special interests, and gain leadership skills. Club membership is open to all Miramar College students. Students can also form a new club through the Office of Student Affairs.
Some of the most recent active clubs include:
- Biology Club
- Black Student Union
- Business Club
- Chemistry Affiliate Club
- Club Spectrum
- Cultural Appreciation Club
- Developer Student Club San Diego Miramar College
- Diesel Club
- Fire / EMT Club
- Human Movement Club
- Latinx Con Voces
- Miramar Business Club
- Miramar CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ International)
- Miramar Girls Who Code
- Miramar Jets (Athletics)
- Music Club
- Persian Club
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society
- Political Science Club
- San Diego Miramar Computer Science Organization
- San Diego Miramar Paralegal Club
- Student Veterans Organization
- Sustainability Club
- Zion Bible Study Club
Fall & Spring Club Certification
Club Certification Process
If you are interested in starting a club, you must apply and be approved. This is known as the certification process. Please read the information below. The process for applying to be an approved club at Miramar College may take place in the Fall or Spring. The following outlines the process:
- Complete the Club Certification Packet.
The packet includes the following:
- Club Officer List
- Membership List
- Advisor Verification
- Constitution & By-Laws
- Policy/Procedure Acknowledgement
- SDCCD Policy 3200
- Campus Policies and Procedures for Clubs
- Statement of Nondiscrimination
- Attend a Club Orientation (See dates below)
- Reserve your space in Student Affairs prior to attending the Orientation.
- All new Advisors are required to also attend.
- All club officers are required to attend.
- Submit new Club Officer List
- Submit new Membership list
- Submit Policy/Procedure Acknowledgement
- Submit Statement of Non Discrimination
- If the Constitution and By-Laws are the same this document does not need to be re-submitted
Mandated Sexual Assault Training
ALL club officers and club members are strongly encouraged to complete the Haven—Sexual Assault Prevention Training. The directions are listed below. Print your receipt and provide to Student Affairs prior to the Club Orientation.
You will need an EverFi Higher Education Account to access these courses. If you do not have an account you will need to register for one.
- Go to: http://www.everfi.com/register
- Enter the registration code: 8ef36412
- Fill in the appropriate information, please be sure to enter your CSID in order to receive credit for completion
Club Orientation will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday, September 8th at 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 9th at noon
- Thursday, September 10th at 2:00 pm
Complete the Census!
A complete and accurate count is critical for you and your community, because the results of the 2020 Census will affect community funding, congressional representation, and more. It is also required by law and only takes five minutes! Please use this link to make sure you are counted!.
Your vote is your voice as an American citizen. It's your opportunity to be heard, to hold elected officials accountable for their decisions and to have a say in important issues that affect your community and the nation. On Election Day, every vote matters. Exercise your voice and register to vote and remember to cast your vote this year!