Welcome to the Career Center!
FALL 2023 EVENTS
- Fluffy Therapy
Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 12:30 - 1:30PM
Location: Compass Point
Fluffy Therapy Event Info
- Art + LGBTQ History Month
Wednesday, October 11, 2023, 12:30 - 1:30PM
Location: Compass Point
Art + LGBTQ History Month
- ACP: HALC Job Fair
Wednesday, October 18, 12:00 - 2:00PM
ACP: HALC Job Fair
Join our Students & Alumni Mailing List
Receive emails of Career Services upcoming events, workshops, on-campus job opportunities, and more!
For disability accommodations, please email 3 days prior to event.
- Career Exploration
- Career Assessments
- Major/Program Selection
- Resume/Cover Letter Review
- Job & Internship Search
- Interview Preparation
Fall 2023 Appt. Hours
- Fall 2023: August 21 through December 15
- Career Counseling Appointment Hours:
- Monday: 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Tuesday: 10:30 AM - 5:00 PM (10:30AM-1:30PM Remote only)
- Wednesday: 10:00AM-12:00PM, 2:00PM-5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:30 AM-12:00PM and
- Friday: 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM (Remote only)
Assistance with enrollment, registration for courses, and similar, please visit the Admissions & Records page
Assistance with choosing courses, creating a student education plan (SEP), and similar, please visit the Counseling office webpage
Assistance with transferring, please visit the Transfer Center webpage
List of other Miramar College offices, please visit our Student Services & Resources page
BLACK LIVES MATTER:
The Career Center team stands in solidarity with and supports Black Lives Matter.
Remote Career Services
Career Services comes to Canvas!
Students enroll for FREE at: Career Services Canvas
Jimmy the Jet chat box
Chat with us for general inquiries and virtual appointment availability
*Disclaimer: please allow at least 15 minutes for live response during open office hours
Career Center Campus Presentations
Faculty: Are you interested in hosting an in-class career related presentation on SD Miramar College campus?
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a form to complete a request for a Career Center presentation and a Career Center team member will contact you to finalize scheduling. Please provide a minimum of two weeks to process your request.
Some of the customized career workshops for groups (e.g. classrooms, clubs, etc.) that we offer include:
- Career Services Overview
- Career Exploration: an interactive class exercise
- "What can I do with a major in... English, Science?" presentation tailored to specific program
- Resume & Cover Letter: help students define skills, knowledge, and education using a resume template. May be split into two presentations.
- Job & Internship Search. May be split into two presentations.
- Job Fair Preparation
- LinkedIn Basics
- Interview for Success
Our mission is to assist students in developing career goals by exploring their values, skills, personality traits and interests in an inclusive and supportive environment. We prepare students to make informed decisions about their futures by providing career-related counseling, comprehensive resources and specialized programs. The Career Center is dedicated to serve diverse populations by offering an array of career-development activities that inspire and support each student’s lifelong career journey.