Please click image above to be directed to the most recent updates for the
San Diego Community College District regarding Covid-19
**The Miramar College office aboard MCAS Miramar is currently open on Wednesdays from
0800-1600 for Admissions services**
Have any questions or require assistance? If so, feel free to submit an inquiry via the following site, and you will be responded to within 1-3 Business Days:
- MCAS Miramar Admissions/Records/Counseling Inquiry Form
- Email Admissions Directly: email@example.com
Military Outreach Programs and Services for Active Duty Military and Family Members
San Diego Miramar College offers a variety of general education courses aboard Marine Corps Air Station Miramar (MCAS). These courses are open to military personnel, their families, and all Miramar College students (For more information about civilian access please read "Getting on Base (Civilian)".
Benefits of Taking On-Base Courses:
- Courses are offered in 8-week sessions five times a year
- Convenient hours and class location
- Courses fulfill general education requirements
- All classes are transferable to 4-year colleges and universities
- ACE recommended credit from your military service schools may be applied towards the 60 units required for an Associate Degree.
- Assists in preparing for a career change
- Enhances opportunity for promotion
- Your best value at $46.00 a unit
MCAS On-Base Location
|The Hub (Bldg 5305)||(858) 536-4329|
Click here for printable directions
MCAS On-Base Services
Our on-base office is here to assist with:
(Bldg. 5305), The HUB - Room 155. Contact us for more information.
MCAS On-Base Resources
- Military Academic Skills Program (MASP): MASP is designed to help Military personnel and their family members enhance their English & Math skills. This FREE, two-week program helps students build a solid academic foundation, prepare for exams, improve English and Math knowledge and more! MASP is held in The Hub, building 5305. Registration through the on-base Education Center is required. For more information please contact the Base Education Office at 858-307-1801.
- FAFSA Workshops: The on-base Education Center offers a FAFSA workshop every Monday at 1130. This workshop is available to Military Personnel and their families in The Hub (building 5305). No registration required.
Easy as 1-2-3
- 1. Apply - Complete a college application in person at The Hub (building 5305) or online at http://www.sdccd.edu
- 2. Transcripts - Request all prior college transcripts, including your Joint Services Transcript (JST)
- 3. On-base Counseling - Meet with a counselor for an education plan, course advisement, and preparation for transfer. No appointments needed. Please see below for counseling days and times. These are subject to change:
DAYS HOURS Monday TBA Wednesday TBA Thursday TBA
- 4. Assessments & Orientation: Complete the New Student Orientation and Placement Assistant (if needed). Visit our Assessment Department Web Page for more information.
- 5. Attend Classes On-Base, On Campus, or Online!
No classes will be held aboard MCAS due to COVID-19. Please check back for updates.
Please visit our Transcripts website for more information on how to order your official transcripts.
Tutoring Services are made available through the campus Academic Success Center (ASC). Please visit the ASC site for more information.
Getting on Base (Civilian):
***If you do not possess a United States Government Common Access Card (CAC) or Department of Defense Form 1173 Identification and Privilege Card, you must follow these steps to receive a temporary base pass***
All non-affiliated civilians (Instructors & Students) must undergo a background check in order for the Government to grant you clearance and authority to enter the base and attend your class. The background check will be conducted by the military. All civilians (instructors & students) who do not have military affiliation must complete an Electronic Pre-Registration access form through the DBIDS pre-registration web-site, as well as a Base Access Pass Registration Form (SECNAV Form 5512/1) background check application prior to being granted access to the installation. This process applies even if you already have received a base pass in the past, so it is highly important for you to follow the instructions below in order to receive a new base pass. This process is required to be completed at least 10 business days prior to the term start date. Base access will not be granted if you do not comply with the process within the respective timeline.
STEP 1: Complete a DBIDS application: In order to start the process, you will need to go to the website below and fill out the application for base access:
*If you receive an error when trying to access this page, you must, click on “continue to this website,” and it will take you to the DBIDS registration page.
The application will include 5 sections as listed below:
1. Person - Name, Date of Birth, citizenship, SSN, etc.
2. Demographic - Gender, ethnicity, hair color, eye color, etc.
3. Address & contact information - phone number, email address, etc.
4. Sponsors' Information: You will need to input the following information in this section
- Sponsor name: Rubie Blue
- Sponsor email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsor phone number: 858-307-1801
Comments (Purpose of visit): in the comments section you can copy and paste the message below and make changes as they pertain to your specific class. You cannot enter more than 120 characters.
"I’m a student with Miramar College scheduled for PSYC 101 in the Education Center in building 5305. Class is on Mon/Wed evenings from 5-815pm. The term begins on Monday, Jan 28 and ends on Sat Mar 23.
5. Finished - This page lets you know the application has been completed. You will need to print the last page with the DBIDs confirmation QR code and bring it with you to your appointment.
You must email a copy of your scanned confirmation with the QR code to the following: Ron Felix- email@example.com. Within that email, you will need to also provide to Ron the following:
● Drivers License info: DL Number, State Issuer, and Expiration
● Date of birth
STEP 2: Once you complete the DBIDS application, you can obtain your temporary pass at the Pass and Decal office. Please bring the following items as required:
1. The DBIDS application confirmation QR code
2. Bring the following documents to your appointment (you must have two forms of ID at the time of your appointment to receive your pass),
Authorized forms of ID:
● Valid State or Federally Issued Photo ID
● Social Security Card
● Birth Certificate
● Resident Alien Card (if not a US Citizen)
● Work authorization card (if not a US Citizen)
● US Passport
**In order to access the base installation, you will be asked to present your valid Driver's License, current Vehicle Registration and proof of Vehicle Insurance at that time.**
3. Complete and fill out the required background check form from the following site:
● Base sponsor info: Rubie Blue; 858/307-1801
Here are some things to keep in mind that will help ensure a positive experience with the new process:
- Make sure to fill out all of the information on the DBIDS application and do not leave anything blank.
- Complete the application as soon as possible. This is a new process and there are many individuals having to complete this process
- Keep a copy of your confirmation page and do not forget to bring the DBIDS/QR confirmation page & Background check form when picking up your pass
- Only enter the base through the East gate located off of Miramar Way until you have your new pass. Attempting to enter through any other gate may result in denied access
-Arrive at least 3 hours before the start of your class if you’re picking up your temporary pass on the first day of the term start date.
***Please make sure you complete this as soon as possible, as we cannot guarantee you will be granted base access if this step is not completed within 7-10 days prior to the start date of your class. Please reply to this email to confirm receipt along with scanning and attaching your DBIDs registration QR code to the email.***
The Pass & ID office is located at the East Gate off of Miramar Way; they operate Monday through Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm and can be reached at 858-307-1463. You will be able to pick-up your base pass which will be valid for the duration of the 8-week session, 1 business day prior to the terms start date. It is recommended you arrive at least 2-3 hours before the pass office closes to ensure you will receive your Temporary pass in a timely manner. You will be asked to show your valid Driver's License, current vehicle registration and proof of vehicle insurance at that time.
If you have any questions, please contact the Dean's Office at 619-388-7873 or our base office at 858-536-4329.
Advanced registration is advised. Courses are open to the general public. Contact your college representative for additional information at the following location:
Please visit the following link for more video tutorials on how to utilize the different functions of your mySDCCD portal- (setting up your portal, registering for classes, resetting your password):
For more guides on navigating your portal, please visit the following link: