Counseling appointments are available to students who wish to develop a long-term education plan. Whether your goal is to earn an Associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution, our counselors are here to assist you in planning your path! Please only schedule 1 active appointment at a time.
- New Students should do 1 of the following FIRST:
- Have an idea about your Career and/or Major
- Official AP Test scores will be required to receive credit(s)
- Foreign transcripts not required to schedule an appointment
Scheduling a Counseling Appointment
Our live e-appointment services allow students to schedule a virtual counseling appointment with a San Diego Miramar College counselor. The meeting will take place virtually utilizing our Zoom meeting center. Appointments are scheduled one week in advance. For example, on Monday at 8:00AM you can begin scheduling an appointment for any available time next Monday (or before if available). *During registration these appointments fill quickly.
Appointments can be scheduled during the hours of 8:00am - 11:59pm Monday through Friday.
APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING CHECK LIST:
- All official transcripts of prior college coursework must be on file & evaluated
**If you HAVE NOT attended any colleges or universities outside of SDCCD (Miramar, Mesa or City) you are eligible to schedule an appointment if:
- You have completed SDCCD's Application, Orientation & SEP
**If you HAVE attended any colleges or universities outside of SDCCD (Miramar, Mesa or City) you are eligible to schedule an appointment if:
- All previously attended Official College Transcripts are on file AND Evaluated.
- We are not currently taking any hand delivered transcripts because the Counseling Office is closed and we are working remotely.
- More information about sending in and evaluating transcripts at our Transcripts Webpage
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING COUNSELING SERVICES: Due to the current situation with COVID-19, the campus is closed to students until further notice. During this unprecedented time we ask for your patience as we transition to remote services. All students accessing online/remote counseling services must carefully read and agree to the INFORMED CONSENT Terms & Conditions before signing up for a Comprehensive Education Planning Appointment.
TROUBLESHOOTING ISSUES WE'RE CURRENTLY AWARE OF:
1. When scheduling your appointment, if you reach a screen like the one below...
Please send an email to email@example.com
Subject: ESARS INVALID STUDENT ID
Body: full name, student ID & birthdate
We will manually fix this issue & respond to you with confirmation in 1-2 business days.
2. FOR MAC USERS: