Your Academic Future Begins Here!
After watching the required SEP presentation, completing the Online Orientation AND satisfying all of the criteria listed below, students attending college for the 1st time will be eligible to schedule a one-on-one Student Educational Planning (SEP) session with a counselor. These online meetings utilize the Zoom meeting software. An education plan will be created identifying the classes students should take in their first 1-2 semesters based on specific academic/career goal(s).
Your counselor is going to ask you some important questions, and it’s essential that you’re ready to discuss the following:
- Do you know what your major is going to be?
- Are you planning to transfer, and if so, to which school(s)?
- Are you planning to get an Associate Degree, which one?
- Do you know what career you’re going to pursue?
- Do you have questions about the presentation?
- Will you be a full-time or part-time student?
- Did you take any AP Tests/SAT/ACT?
Resources to help you start preparing for your counseling session:
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING COUNSELING SERVICES: Due to the current situation with COVID-19, the campus is closed to students until further notice. During this unprecedented time we ask for your patience as we transition to remote services. All students accessing online/remote counseling services must carefully read and agree to the INFORMED CONSENT Terms & Conditions before signing up for a SEP.
TROUBLESHOOTING ISSUES WE'RE CURRENTLY AWARE OF:
1. When scheduling your appointment, if you receive an Invalid Student ID Error
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: ESARS INVALID STUDENT ID
Body: full name, student ID & birthdate
We will manually fix this issue & respond to you with confirmation in 1-2 business days.
2. FOR MAC USERS:
If you receive a Certificate Error message then click on the Cancel button and you will be taken to the login page for the Online Appointment System