Transcripts are the official document of the student's academic work at a college or university.
The San Diego Community College District only accepts credits from US Colleges and Universities that have Regional Accreditation. For more information on accreditation and to search for a college's or universities' accreditation, visit the US Department of Education.
Submitting Transcripts to SDCCD
Send Electronic Transcripts to: Send Physical Transcripts to:
email@example.com San Diego Community College District
3375 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92108
Requesting Transcripts from SDCCD
All coursework completed at San Diego City, Mesa, or Miramar College is included on one transcript. There is no need to request a transcript from each (City, Mesa, Miramar) college. The first two transcripts issued are free of charge. Thereafter, transcripts cost $5.00 each. Transcripts are not printed at the campus level. You cannot pick up official transcripts from Miramar College.
For Unofficial Transcripts:
- Current students may view their unofficial transcript through mySDCCD.
- Former students may view their unofficial transcript through https://unofficialtranscript.sdccd.edu
Official transcripts can be ordered online
Students can order transcripts through our transcript partner Credentials (credit or debit cards only):
- Current students may be order transcripts through mySDCCD.
- Former students of San Diego City, Mesa or Miramar Colleges, or those who do not have a mySDCCD account, may order directly through Credentials by clicking on this link.
- Transcripts ordered online will be mailed in 1-2 business days.
- If the receiving institution accepts electronic transcripts, the transcript will be sent electronically the same day.
- You can upload any supplemental forms required by the receiving institution through credentials. Students do not need to come to campus to have paperwork attached.
NOTE: Transcripts sent from our college to another institution are considered to be official. Transcripts presented by a student are considered to be unofficial unless sealed and noted to be official on the outside of the envelope.
Click here for information regarding transcripts from previous colleges/universities attended.
Questions? You can reach the transcript office by submitting a help desk ticket through the mySDCCD Support Desk.
What does it mean where there is a red asterisk/star (*) next to a grade?
- This means that the grade and the units for this class have been disregarded and are no longer included in your cumulative GPA or total unit count, this is generally done via Academic Renewal, see Counseling for questions regarding this process.
Transcripts from other Institutions Attended
- Students should submit official transcripts from all Colleges and Universities attended.
- In order to have a counseling appointment to develop an educational plan, all transcripts must be on file and evaluated (See Requesting Transcript Evaluation below).
- Students receiving financial aid or veterans benefits must also have transcripts on file to receive benefits.
- Transcripts are required even if prior credits do not appear relevant or if units were taken years ago.
- Official transcripts from other institutions become the property of the college and will not be duplicated or returned.
- Guam and Puerto Rico are US territories and transcripts from institutions in these territories are not considered "foreign" and should be submitted. For information on foreign transcripts, please see below.
Confirmation of Receipt of Transcripts
- To confirm that your transcripts have been received please contact MiraCounDesk@sdccd.edu.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks after submitting your transcripts before emailing.
- If we have still not received your transcripts please submit a help desk ticket through the mySDCCD Support Desk.
Requesting Transcript Evaluation
Steps for Requesting a Transcript Evaluation
Step 1: Submit Official Transcripts from all other institutions attended:
Submit all previous Transcripts, AP Scores, IB Scores, or CLEP scores to SDCCD
- The San Diego Community College District is now partnered with Parchment and the National Student Clearinghouse and are accepting official electronic transcripts from these providers.
- Institutions not partnered with Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse can submit official electronic transcripts to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institutions not offering electronic transcripts can mail them to the following address
- San Diego Community College District
Attn: Transcript Department
3375 Camino Del Rio South, Room 100
San Diego, CA 92108
- San Diego Community College District
- Students are responsible for requesting official transcripts from each institution to be sent to SDCCD.
- Transcripts from foreign institutions are not required.
- Transcripts can only be accepted up to one year after issuance.
Step 2: Request Transcript Evaluation:
Transcripts are not automatically evaluated. Transcript evaluations take 90 business days (approx 18 weeks) to process
About 1 week after your official transcripts have been submitted you can confirm their receipt by emailing MiraCounDesk@sdccd.edu. If we do not see them as received you will need to submit a student help desk ticket through the mySDCCD Support Desk.
Meet with a counselor. It is highly recommended that you meet with a counselor prior to submitting a request as any changes to your education plan will require this process to start over. Visit the counseling page to learn about the various ways you can meet with a counselor.
Visit our District's Forms & Documents page and scroll down to Counseling Forms. You will need to answer the question confirming that you've met with a counselor to reveal the Request for Transcript Evaluation (Online) form.
Important UC-IGETC Information: If you are planning on clearing the Language Other Than English (LOTE) requirement using high school language classes please upload a copy of your high school transcript when you submit the Evaluation Request. If you skip this step it may cause delays in processing your certificate when you transfer. If you attended a school where English was not the primary language and wish to clear LOTE, please meet with a counselor to discuss that process.
Transcript Evaluations do not take place on college campuses. All evaluation requests are sent to the District from all of our campuses, San Diego Miramar, Mesa, and City College.
After the evaluation is completed (90 business days/18 weeks) you will receive an email from the evaluator prompting you to follow up with a counselor to update your education plan.
If you need to clear prerequisites prior to the evaluation being completed please see this page.
- Transcripts from foreign institutions may be used to meet degree/certificate requirements. It is the choice of the student to request to have this coursework evaluated. It is recommended to speak with a counselor to discuss options.
- If a student would like to submit their foreign transcripts, they must first have them evaluated by a Transcript Evaluation Service. For a list of approved services please visit www.NACES.org.
- Student must request a comprehensive evaluation including both lower and upper-division coursework of the foreign transcript. Other types of evaluations will not be accepted. Even if the transcript is in English, if it is foreign, it must go through this process.
- After the comprehensive evaluation is complete, students must submit it to the campus records office along with a Request for Foreign Transcript Credits so that the coursework can be evaluated for a student's educational goal.
- Submission of transcripts is permanent and cannot be revoked.
For information regarding foreign HIGH SCHOOL transcripts for the purpose of meeting the UC IGETC Certification foreign language requirement, please see the General Education section.
San Diego Miramar College Evaluations Office | Room K107 | MiramarEvaluations@sdccd.edu