The Diesel Technology program provides the student with an opportunity to master the manipulative and critical thinking skills required for success in servicing and maintaining Diesel, CNG, and LNG powered heavy duty commercial trucks, off highway heavy equipment, stationary engines, and marine craft.
The two-year curriculum has three tracks leading to a Certificate of Achievement, and two tracks leading to an Associate in Science degree. In addition, the diesel program offers Certificates of Performance in nine specialty areas. These certificates can be applied toward the Certificate of Achievement or the Associate in Science degree.
For questions or more information, contact email@example.com or call 619.388.7392.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Diesel Technology Program will be able to:
- Perform the manipulative and critical thinking skills when performing service work on heavy duty vehicles, systems, and components using a variety of tools, equipment and instruments.
- Perform service procedures safely and implement workplace health and safety compliance using regulations published by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Perform research, locate, and use heavy-duty service information, special instructions, and specifications with printed or web-based resources.
Careers in this field
Some of the many career options in the commercial truck industry include:
- Heavy-Duty Truck Technician
- CNG/ LNG Bus Technician
- Truck & Bus Fleet Service Technician
- Power Generation Technician
- Diesel Engine Overhaul Technician
- CNG/ LNG Engine Overhaul Technician
Some of the many career options in the heavy equipment industry include:
- Heavy-Equipment Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Field Service Lube Technician
- Marine Engine Technician
Some of the many career options in related industries include:
- Commercial Truck Inspector
- Service Writer/ Advisor
- Truck & Equipment Parts Sales Person
Some diesel-related career fields require area specific training in addition to the courses required in the HDTT, HET certificates. Students intending to transfer to a university could consider the following related areas:
- Business Management
- Applied Engineering