NANCE Processes Flowchart
Short Term vs. Student Employees
- Must be full time carrying 12 units, 9 units for graduate students or part time SDCCD students carrying 6 units or more..
- Limited to 800 hours per fiscal year. Exempt from 171 day limit.
- PAS sheet opened per semester July 1st - Dec 31st and Jan 1st - June 30th.
- Student Waiver and class schedule to be submitted each semester.
Completing the NANCE PAS Sheet & Personal Profile Form
- The Personnel Action Sheet (PAS) NANCE must be completed in its entirety, including signatures. Refer to these PAS sheet instructions.
- PAS sheet is required a minimum of two weeks before a continuing employee begins working.
- PAS sheet to be submitted with Personal Profile form for new hires and submitted at least one month prior to desired start date.
- Changes to Budget Number (GL) limited to once per semester and is to be effective on the first of the current month.
- Tutor and Model positions also require the NANCE Position Authorization form marked for 'Personal Services Contract.'
NANCE New Hire Onboarding Process
- Submit Personnel Action Sheet sheet (PAS) and Personal Profile form and COVID vaccination card (to include booster, if eligible). Or Exemption Accommodation approval/email.
- Plan at least one month in advance for new hire to complete the onboarding process.
- New hire will receive TWO "Welcome" e-mails with instructions.
- Start date is reliant on the speed in which the new hire completes their paperwork and clears the following:
- DOJ Clearance
- TB Test
- When can new hire begin working?
- The Business Office will send the hiring supervisor an e-mail with the date that HR has cleared the employee to begin working.
Important Links to Days & Hours, Timesheet, and Benefits
Employees are limited to working:
- 171 days per fiscal year
- 800 hours per fiscal year
- 25 hours per week
- NANCE fiscal year Days & Hours Tracking Calendar
Only exceptions are:
- Federal Work Study Students - exempt from days and hours limits.
- Students - exempt from the 171 day limit.
- Hours should be submitted as worked, never in advance.
- Hours to be submitted by the last working day of the month to be paid on the 10th of the following month.
- Hourly employees are not authorized to work overtime.
- Accrue 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours of work.
- Maximum of 24 hours can be accrued per year.
- Unused leave rolls over to the next year to max of 48 hours.
- May be used by the employee for themselves or to care for a family member (parent, spouse, registered domestic partner, grandparent, grandchild, and sibling).
- Granted paid time off from regularly assigned work schedule, time paid may not exceed normal work hours. Must submit court order to supervisor in advance and submit court issued timesheet upon return.