Computer and Information Sciences
Selection menuProgram Description keyboard_arrow_down
Computer & Information Sciences
The focus of the Computer and Information Sciences program is on the function and use of the computer. The program includes general study of computer languages as well as utilization and application of computer software.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Computer and Information Sciences Program will be able to:
- Successfully follow a specification.
- Successfully create electronic documents.
This program’s Academic & Career Pathways:
Read more about Business and Entrepreneurship
Careers in this Field
- Consider earning a minor in math or pursuing it as a second major, as a computer science major is heavily math-based.
- Develop strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills. Patience and perseverance are essential for computer science professionals.
- Complete informational interviews with current computer science professionals to help establish career goals.
- Prepare to learn new information on a regular basis through online discussions, classes, conferences, periodicals, and update your skills accordingly.
Careers Relating to Computer and Information Sciences
- Systems Development
- Network Technology
- Database Administration
- Technical Support
Associate of Science
Associate of Science for Transfer
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate of Performance
CISC Program Faculty