What are my degree and certificate options?
San Diego Miramar College has stand alone classes as well as certificate and Associate Degree programs in Applied Biology (Biotechnology)
- Introduction to Biotechnology (Bio 131)
- Industry Overview with the basic biology and lab skills
- Introduction to the Biotechnology Lab (Bio 134)
- Industry overview with lab skills
- Certificate of Completion in Biotechnology Molecular Biology Track
- Students take Bio 132 and Bio 133, Applied Biotechnology I and II to complete this certificate
- Certificate of Achievement in Biotechnology
- Students take Bio 131, Bio 132, and Bio 133, Applied Biotechnology I and II to complete this certificate.
These certificates are intended to provide students with skills to meet entry-level employment requirements.
- Associate in Science in Biotechnology
Additional Courses: Biology 136_ Quality and Regulatory Practices in Biotechnology
What is the Best Option for Me?
It depends! Do you already have a 4 year degree? Many of our students do! Then you might need just a class or two. Some students need just a refresher or skill update.
Others are just beginning their careers. They usually start with a basic Introduction to Biotechnology Class (Bio 131)
For more information about which option is best for you.
Contact Sandra Slivka at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-388-7490
I'm Finished! How Do I Apply for My Certificate?
If you have taken the courses to earn a Certificate of Achievement or Performance, please fill out the petition below and bring it to the Miramar College Evaluations Office K1-207.