Co-Chair: Faculty member, elected by committee.
Co-Chair: Vice President of Administrative Services
|Vice President of Administrative Services||Regional Facilities Officer||BTCWI Designee||Designee|
|Vice President of InstructionalServices||Student Health Designee||Liberal Arts Designee||Designee|
|Vice President of StudentServices||BTCWI Designee||MBEPS Designee||Designee|
|MBEPS Designee||PRIELT Designee|
|Public Safety Designee||Public Safety Designee|
|Student Services Designee|
The Facilities, Health and Safety Committee reviews and makes recommendations on a broad range of facilities, health and safety related issues in support of the annual program review process.
- Monitor, assess, and review college-wide policies and enhancements to college facilities regarding space utilization, land use, campus development, pedestrian and vehicle access, parking, campus beautification, and related issues with the goal of improving the educational environment of staff, faculty, students, and the community.
- Provide a mechanism for college-wide discussion of institutional facilities planning.
- Plan and facilitate the process of prioritized facilities need requests from the annual program review.
- Serve as a central clearinghouse for concerns relating to buildings, grounds, safety, and sustainability.
- Develop and recommend the College Facilities Master Plan and monitor the progress towards the implementation of this plan; and the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Ensure that college facilities are accessible to the entire diversity of our student population;
- Ensure that all college facilities are welcoming to all and accessible to students with special needs.
- Perform work and provide evidence to ensure the college meets applicable areas of Accreditation Standard III.
- Membership term lengths: Unless membership is designated by position, there is a two (2) year appointment with an option for an additional two-year service, and the possibility of 1 additional term if the position remains available.
- Recommendations are made to the College Council.
- Committee retains authority to form taskforces and workgroups related directly to committee charge.
- Plans/Reports: Facilities Master Plan; Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Quorum: 50% +1 of membership.
- Committee Approval Process: Vote.
The Committee will meet a minimum of once per month during the academic year.