San Diego Miramar College is part of the CalWORKs Association
who support student-parents who are changing their own lives,
two generations at a time.
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a statewide public assistance program that provides cash aid and services to eligible families that have a child(ren) in the home. The San Diego Miramar College CalWORKs Student Services Program helps students receiving CalWORKs (cash aid) to achieve long-term self-sufficiency through education and job training. Our main goal and focus is to lift families out of poverty through education.
To apply for the Miramar College CalWORKs Student Services Program, please click below:
***Current CalWORKs students, to schedule a remote counseling appointment, please visit the CalWORKs canvas home page. ***
- Must be a CalWORKs recipient receiving cash aid for themselves and at least one child
- Must have your financial aid at Miramar College
- Enrolled in at least one course at SDCCD in a major that leads to employment
- Complete a San Diego Miramar College CalWORKs Student Services application
Program Services & Benefits:
- Priority registration
- Health fee waivers
- Coordination of county provided support services (textbooks, childcare, transportation, etc.)
- Academic, career, and personal counseling
- Work study opportunities
- Laptop/textbook lending library
- Student success and personal development workshops
- Campus/community resource linkage
- Verification to County of your 20–35 hour welfare-to-work activities
- Cap and gown*
- School supplies*
- Job placement assistance
*Contingent upon funding.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THE COUNTY CalWORKS PROGRAM?
Please visit this site for more information: https://www.cdss.ca.gov/calworks
Our office may be able to connect you with a county representative.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.