Co-Chair: Professional Development Coordinator*
Co-Chair: Administrator, elected by committee.
|Instructional Designee||Instructional Services Designee||Professional Development Coordinator*||Designee|
|Student Services Designee||Administrative Services Designee||FLEX Coordinator|
|Designee||Student Services Designee||BTCWI Designee|
|Academic Support Services Designee||Liberal Arts Designee|
|Public Safety Designee|
|Student Services Designee|
Develop and promote a professional development program which supports the educational mission of the Institution to include activities that enhance and improve the college atmosphere and cultivate a positive culture on campus; oversee the disbursement of professional development funds for faculty, classified professionals, and administrators.
- Identify professional development needs across the entire campus as they relate to instruction, equity, diversity, and inclusion and other State mandates in keeping with institutional goals and priorities.
- Implement the professional development priorities of the campus as identified by College Council.
- Identify and inform San Diego Miramar College personnel of college, District and state-wide professional development opportunities and resources.
- Develop and maintain a college-wide Professional Development Plan to include a calendar that is in alignment with program review, Accreditation Standards, and Title 5 Section 55730.
- Provide a mechanism for college-wide discussion of professional development planning and activities.
- Plan and facilitate the process of prioritizing professional developing needs based on college-wide Professional Development Plan.
- Facilitate the distribution of available resources for professional development activities
- Perform work and provide evidence to ensure the college meets applicable areas of Accreditation Standard III.
- Membership term lengths: Unless membership is designated by position, there is a two (2) year appointment with an option for an additional two-year service, and the possibility of 1 additional term if the position remains available.
- Recommendations are made to College Council; recommendations regarding Academic and Professional Matters are made to Academic Senate.
- Committee retains authority to form taskforces and workgroups related directly to committee charge.
- Plans/Reports: Professional Development Plan.
- Quorum: 50% +1 of membership.
- Committee Approval Process: Vote.
The Committee will meet twice per month during the academic year.
Please note that CA Assembly Bill 1887 prohibits travel to States with Discriminatory Laws.
The following is a comprehensive list of States subject to California's ban on state-funded and state-sponsored travel:
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia