This is a recommending (non-decision making) subcommittee of the Curriculum Committee.
|Administrators||Classified||Faculty (3 - 5)||Students|
|Curriculum Technical Writer|
|English subject matter expert recommended|
|Math subject matter expert recommended|
|Representative recommended by Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Anti-Racism (IDEA) Committee|
The Technical Review Subcommittee of the Curriculum Committee reviews course outlines, certificate and degree proposal drafts prior to submission to Curriculum Committee action, in an effort to eliminate many common problems that cause delays in obtaining final proposal approval. Technical Review does not evaluate the merits of a proposal - that remains the purview of the Curriculum Committee. Technical Review examines the following:
- Course outline conformance with the standard outline template (completeness, enumeration, format).
- Course numbering and title conformance to Program and Course Approval Handbook (PCAH) guidelines.
- Interdepartmental subject matter overlap.
- Catalog description, student learning objectives, course contents and instructional methodology conformance to PCAH and ASCCC guidance, including that related to culturally responsive content.
- Review of requested Curriculum Committee action(s).
- Membership term lengths: Unless membership is designated by position, there is a two (2) year appointment with an option for an additional two-year service, and the possibility of 1 additional term if the position remains available.
- This Committee makes recommendations to the Academic Senate.
- Plans/Reports: Annual summary of goals and accomplishments to Academic Senate;
- Distance Education Handbook.
- Quorum: 50% +1 of membership.
- Committee Approval Process: Vote.
Committee will meet no less than once per month at a regularly scheduled time.