Chair: Chair of Chairs (Non-Voting)
|VPI||Chair of Chairs (non-voting)|
|Liberal Arts Chair|
|Public Safety Chair|
|Health Services/Mental Health Faculty|
The committee will develop and maintain a process to prioritize the needs for contract faculty positions annually. Every year, as part of program review, programs can request that a new faculty member be hired. This Committee will use an Academic Senate-approved process to review all of the requests, apply the approved rubric, and develop a prioritized list annually. The Committee will also determine a process to manage positions that have been vacated for any reason.
- Develop and recommend to the Academic Senate a process, including a rubric, for the prioritization of new contract faculty positions and for replacement of vacated positions.
- Assist faculty with the submission of proposals/ forms for faculty positions that arise from Program Review.
- Using the approved process, review proposals and create a prioritized list for contract faculty positions annually.
- Send prioritized list to the Academic Senate for final recommendation to the College President.
- Cyclically review the process, rubric, and forms and propose changes if needed.
- Perform work and provide evidence to ensure the college meets applicable areas of Accreditation Standard II.
- Membership term lengths: 2 years with a limit of two consecutive terms (maximum service 4 years) unless designated by position.
- This Committee makes recommendations to the Academic Senate.
- Plans/Reports: Prioritized list of faculty positions.
- Quorum: 50% +1 of membership.
- Committee Approval Process: Vote
Committee will meet at least once a semester, then as needed determined by the Committee Chair.