Chair: Academic Senate President
|Faculty member from outside of the discipline for which the candidate is being considered (3)|
The Academic Senate Equivalency Committee (ASEC) is an Ad Hoc Committee that shall be established by the Academic Senate to fulfill the requirement of California Education Code 87359, which states that the equivalency process “shall include reasonable procedures to ensure that the governing board relies primarily upon the advice and judgment of the Academic Senate to determine that each individual employed under the authority granted by the regulations possesses qualifications that are at least equivalent to the applicable minimum qualifications….”
- In alignment with SDCCD Administrative Procedure 7211, the ASEC shall:
- Be available to Screening Committees as a resource regarding equivalency determinations, to further clarify criteria as needed.
- Review the recommendations of the Equivalency Subcommittees of the Screening Committees, asking the following questions:
- Was the decision made in accord with this procedure?
- Specifically, did the Equivalency Subcommittee of the Screening Committee follow the criteria for evidence of equivalency stated in this procedure?
- Are the Equivalency Subcommittee’s decisions consistent with similar decisions made by earlier committees in this discipline or similar disciplines?
- Academic Senate President will designate faculty members from outside of the discipline for which the candidate is being considered to serve on each Equivalency Committee according to AP 7211.
- Committee will follow the procedure outlined in AP 7211.
- Forms/Reports: SDCCD Application for Equivalency Determination form.
Committee will be convened as needed for each minimum qualification equivalency request.