Get in touch
The primary goal of the program is to provide single parents additional support to help them attain economic self-sufficiency by earning a degree, a certificate or to transfer to a four year college.
CARE (Cooperative Agencies and Resources for Education) is a program offered through EOPS for single parents who are receiving CalWORKs and who meet other eligibility criteria.
To apply for the Miramar College CARE Student Services Program, please click below:
***Current CARE students, to schedule a remote counseling appointment, please visit the EOPS/CARE canvas home page. ***
Due to Covid-19 safety protocols, the EOPS CalWORKs Office has modified their on-campus services for the Spring 2022 semester.
Front Desk Services: In-person front desk services will include answers to quick questions regarding benefits, application process, etc. and help with scheduling appointments.
Counseling Services: One-on-one counseling will continue to be offered remotely, either online via Zoom or by phone, with few exceptions that will be determined on a case by case basis.
To qualify for CARE services, students must be:
- An EOPS student who is receiving CalWORKs Cash Aid for themselves or their child(ren).
- 18 years of age or older
- Single and Head of the household
- A parent of at least one child under 18 years of age
- Gas cards
- Additional grant money for childcare
- Books & supplies grant
- Assistance in meeting TANF/CalWORKs requirements (if appropriate)
- Parent Support Group meetings