Get in touch
To schedule a remote counseling appointment, please click on the following link:
CARE (Cooperative Agencies and Resources for Education) is a program offered through EOPS for single parents who are receiving CalWORKs and who meet other eligibility criteria. The primary goal of the program is to provide single parents additional support to help them attain economic self-sufficiency by earning a two year degree, a certificate of achievement or to transfer to a four year college.
To qualify for CARE services, students must be:
- An EOPS student who is receiving CalWORKs Cash Aid for themselves or their child(ren).
- 18 years of age or older
- Single and Head of the household
- A parent of at least one child under 18 years of age
- Gas cards
- Additional grant money for childcare
- Books & supplies grant
- Assistance in meeting TANF/CalWORKs requirements (if appropriate)
- Weekly Parent Support Group meetings
To participate in CARE, you must complete the following requirements each semester. Only students who remain compliant by meeting all requirements will receive their benefits. The purpose of these requirements is to help you succeed at Miramar College.
- To participate in CARE you must complete an orientation session each semester. This should be completed before the beginning of the semester so that you can receive services, such as parking permits and book vouchers, in time. During the orientation you will go over the requirements of the program, select a project, and sign the Mutual Responsibility Contract. You may also update your education plan and your Long Range Plan.
- Meet with an EOPS/CARE counselor three times each semester by appointment:
- Use these appointments to complete and/or update your educational plan, complete a long range plan, or to address any other concerns you may have. Make your first appointment during the first month of the semester. The second appointment should be scheduled for the middle of the semester and the third near the end of the semester.