Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Teacher Program:
200- and 300-Hour Certifications
Our Yoga Program Certifications prepare students to meet requirements for becoming a 200-hour and/or 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance. In order to obtain and be approved for the Registered Yoga School (RYS) Certifications, listed below, the following must be performed:
- All program courses, students enroll and complete within the program, must be taught by an approved Registered Yoga Teacher (E -RYT) Instructor/Professor.
All San Diego Miramar College Instructors/Professors hold the required RYT credential. This is a Yoga Alliance mandatory requirement.
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Certification
The Yoga Teacher 200-hour Certificate of Performance prepares students to meet the requirements to become a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance. The program is thorough and comprehensive, including a broad background of yoga’s essential elements. This program includes history and philosophy, anatomy and physiology, proper sequencing, alignment principles, experience in a variety of yoga styles, and hands on practical experience. Our Yoga Program (200-hour) is completed in one semester. Please review the following:
Lead Faculty (200-Hour)
Kelly Morelewski - email@example.com
Christina Cooper- firstname.lastname@example.org
300-Hour Yoga Teacher Certification
The Yoga Teacher 300-hour Certificate of Achievement prepares students to meet the requirements to become a 500-hour registered yoga teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance. This advanced training is designed to build upon and deepen the trainee’s understanding of the fundamental concepts of teaching yoga obtained in the 200-hour Certificate of Performance. Specifically, this training will aid in enhancing one’s ability to cue alignment and anatomy, evaluate and analyze various levels of yoga classes, while obtaining essential and advanced yoga principles. Upon completing the 300-hour certification, one can combine this with his or her 200-hour certification to become a 500-hour RYT with Yoga Alliance. Please review the following:
Lead Faculty (300-Hour)
Sofie Blicher - email@example.com
Amore St Ives - firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to enroll in the 300-hour Certification of Achievement Yoga Program, the applicant must have obtained his or her 200-hour RYT Certification (or equivalent).
Check this out -
Students may also be interested in the following Programs:
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Certification in San Diego will be able to:
- Design intelligently structured and sequenced yoga classes.
- Demonstrate appropriate teaching methodologies and effective communication skills while leading a varied group of yoga participants.
- Instruct appropriate progressions and regressions of yoga poses (asanas) to create a safe and effective multi-level class experience.
Students who complete the 300-Hour Yoga Teacher Certification in San Diego will be able to:
- Evaluate the relevance of yogic philosophy and history to all levels of yoga practice and instruction.
- Demonstrate communication skills and use proper voice when leading various levels of yoga classes (beginning through advanced).
- Analyze various bodies in poses, demonstrate appropriate adjustments, and give alignment cues when necessary.
- Design asana sequences for all levels of yoga classes geared toward a wide variety of populations, demonstrating the ability to progress or regress a sequence to best serve the needs of participants.
- Obtain business principles, as it relates to business plans, operating a small business, and proper insurance and license policies.
Careers in this field
This program prepares students for employment in:
- Yoga studios
- The health and wellness industry
- Self-employed settings
- Health and Fitness Clubs
Yoga Program Costs
Our Yoga Program Certifications prepare students to meet requirements for becoming a 200-hour and/or 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance.
SAVE THOUSANDS in comparison to other 200-hour and 300-hour Yoga Certification Programs!
|Yoga Program - Certifications||Total Program Units x Cost Per Unit||Estimated Costs (California Residents)|
|200-Hour RYS Certification||7 units x $46||$400 (with fees)|
|300-Hour RYS Certification||12-15 units x $46||$600 - 900 (with fees)|
|Please see Financial Aid for more information for exact Program cost||Other fees (i.e. health fees, etc.)|
|Other costs to consider (not included) - transportation, textbooks, etc.|
The current enrollment fee is $46.00 per unit. The enrollment fee is assessed on all students, including nonresidents.
Exemptions from the enrollment fee are available to students who qualify for one of the following:
- California College Promise Grant (CCPG)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Program (TANF)
- Supplemental Security Income/State Supplementary Program (SSI)
- General Assistance Program
- Indentured apprentices are exempt from enrollment fee for Apprenticeship Program classes only
- Special admission concurrently enrolled high school students
Additional Financial Aid may be available to students who qualify for assistance.
See Financial Aid for more information.
As of Fall 2020, the nonresident tuition fee is $290 per unit. This fee is in addition to the enrollment and health fees, for students who are not residents of California for tuition purposes.
Residents of California are entitled to attend a community college by paying the community college enrollment fee. For complete details, go to Tuition & Fees and also refer to the Class Schedule.
Nonresidents must pay the enrollment fee plus nonresident tuition. For complete details, go to Tuition & Fees and also refer to the Class Schedule.