The Financial Services Program is designed for students interested in entry-level positions in the banking and financial services industry. Students develop a broad range of abilities that will enable them to be accomplished in their professional career. The program enhances the capabilities of the students to more effectively assistant in organization to achieve success in the industry. Focus areas include mortgage banking, real estate, and investments.
Degree and Certificate Programs
Some of the many career options in the field of Financial Services include:
- Bank teller
- Personal banker
- Customer services representative
- Financial advisor
- Financial planner
- Credit analyst
- Assistant bank manager
- Loan officer
- Real estate agent
- Real estate broker
Some business management-related career fields require study beyond the associate degree level. Students intending to transfer to a university in a business-related major should consider completing an associate degree in the Business Administration program.
Certificates & Degrees
Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Financial Services
- Financial Services
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Financial Services program will be able to:
- Understand the operations and structure of different financial institutions in the financial services industry.
- Understand the principles of real estate and the daily operations in a real estate office.
- Assess risk and return for assets an an investment portfolio.
- Identify the factors that affect interest rates in the banking industry.