The documentation of business activities is accomplished through accounting. Without accurate and timely accounting information businesses do not know their financial position, who owes them money, who they owe money to, or what assets they have available for business processes, etc.
This program addresses the minimum skill levels to enter the technical and exacting world of accountancy. With the basic knowledge of financial and managerial accounting, computerized accounting applications, accounting terminology, and the process and flow of accounting, an individual is ready for entry level positions in service, retail, and manufacturing businesses.
Degree & Certificate Programs
For questions or more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career options include entry into the accounting profession in the fields of:
- Small business bookkeeping
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Inventory control
- Cost accounting
Certificates & Degrees
Accountancy, Accounting Bookkeeping
Accountancy for Enrolled Agents
Associate of Science -- Accountancy
Continuing Educationfor CPA Candidates
- Accountancy for Enrolled Agents
- Accounting Bookeeping
- Associate of Science -- Accountancy
- Continuing Educationfor CPA Candidates
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Accountancy program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic accounting terminology and the process by which transactions are analyzed, evaluated, and communicated into the financial statements.
- Demonstrate the ability to compute, record, and verify quantitative and qualitative information in order to maintain financial records.
- Create accurate, reliable, and relevant accounting documents and reports for decision makers using the information.
- Demonstrate effective use of accounting software applications considered applicable to the current accounting environment.
- Understand and practice high ethical standards with internal and external stakeholders.