Miramar College is offering eligible students $4 million in Cares Act/HEERF funding for the Fall 2021 semester. In its second round of funding for the Fall 2021 term, the College will be distributing another $2.6 million in CARES Act funds to eligible students enrolled for the Fall 2021 term. Last month, the College distributed $1.4 million to 1,400 students in its first round of fall funding. Students must download the Edquity App to apply and receive funds. Instructions to download the Edquity app can be found below. Eligible students will receive a $1,000.00 grant. Students are eligible for only one grant per semester.
As authorized by the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021, Miramar College is offering students emergency relief grants for those experiencing financial need as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Students enrolled in at least one unit for the Fall 2021 semester are eligible to apply for emergency grants starting Nov. 10. The deadline to apply is November 16th at 11:59pm. To apply, all you need to do is complete the easy steps listed below:
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play and download the Edquity App or apply online at http://app.edquity.co/
- Fill out the application, when asked for your name and student ID please be sure to enter it in exactly as shown below:
For reference your Student ID is:
Your College of Record is: San Diego Miramar College
You are encouraged to select all categories where you need assistance, as HEERF can help with more than one category of need, if awarded. Once you complete an application, Edquity will provide you with an application decision 24 hours after the program close date on November 16th, 2021
- If you have been approved for funding, you will be able to claim your funds through the Edquity app. Edquity will work with you to disburse funds through direct deposit or pre-paid debit card.
For more information, please visit https://www.sdccd.edu/students/edquity/
San Diego Miramar College cares about student success and we want to be sure that our students know that these funds are available. If you have any questions about submitting your application, please reach out to email@example.com and an Edquity Student Success Representative be in touch!
Every year, millions of students drop out from college due to financial reasons. To help mediate this, San Diego Miramar College recently entered a partnership with Edquity— a new service that helps colleges boost student retention, and helps students manage personal finances, find resources on and off campus, and more! Available on the iPhone or Android, students can download the app to find the resources they need.
Download the Edquity app today in order to:
- Discover resources on or near campus. From medical care to food pantries, the Edquity app includes a visual map and detailed information about dozens of resources on and off campus to help meet basic needs.
- Create and discover events with free food. Are you part of a student organization that hosts events with free food? Use the Edquity app to spread the word, or learn about events across campus where you can share a meal with your San Diego Miramar College community.
Questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and an Edquity student success representative will get in touch right away.