Miramar College will be distributing $825,000 in CARES Act/HEERF funding to eligible students enrolled for the summer 2021 term. Students must download the Edquity App to apply and receive funds. Instructions to download the Edquity app can be found below. Eligible students will receive a $750 grant. Students who are registered in at least one class by July 12, 2021 are eligible to receive these funds. The deadline to apply through the Edquity app is 11:59pm on July 20, 2021.
Earlier this year, the federal government passed two bills called the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) and the American Rescue Plan (ARP). San Miramar College is using a portion of these funds to provide grants directly to students. These funds are meant to help students pay expenses for technology, health care, childcare, course materials, rent, food, moving or other expenses incurred this semester.
Students enrolled in at least one unit for the Summer 2021 semester are now eligible to apply for emergency grants. To apply, all students need to do is complete the easy steps listed below. Students are encouraged to select all categories where assistance is needed, as HEERF can help with more than one category of need, if awarded.
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play and download the Edquity App or apply online at http://app.edquity.co/
- Fill out the application, when asked for your student ID please be sure to enter it in exactly.
Once you complete an application, Edquity will provide you with an application decision 24 hours after the program close date.
- If you have been approved for funding, you will receive information regarding your payment directly from San Diego Miramar College within 2 business days.
San Diego Miramar College cares about student success and we want to be sure that our students know that these funds are available. If you have any questions about submitting your application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and an Edquity Student Success Representative be in touch!
Every year, millions of students drop out from college due to financial reasons. To help mediate this, San Diego Miramar College recently entered a partnership with Edquity— a new service that helps colleges boost student retention, and helps students manage personal finances, find resources on and off campus, and more! Available on the iPhone or Android, students can download the app to find the resources they need.
Download the Edquity app today in order to:
- Discover resources on or near campus. From medical care to food pantries, the Edquity app includes a visual map and detailed information about dozens of resources on and off campus to help meet basic needs.
- Create and discover events with free food. Are you part of a student organization that hosts events with free food? Use the Edquity app to spread the word, or learn about events across campus where you can share a meal with your San Diego Miramar College community.
Questions? Reach out to email@example.com and an Edquity student success representative will get in touch right away.
Miramar College plans to offer another $4-million dollars in CARES Act funding to eligible students during the fall 2021 term.