Co-Chair: Faculty member, elected by committee.*
Co-Chair: Vice President of Administrative Services
Chair-Elect: Faculty member, elected by committee.**
*The elected faculty co-chair will also be a member of the Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee (PIEC).
**The committee will elect the faculty chair-elect at the second meeting of the faculty co-chair’s last year of service on committee. The chair-elect will then become the faculty co-chair.
|ADMINISTRATORS (3)||CLASSIFIED STAFF (4)||FACULTY (7)||STUDENTS (1)|
|Vice President of Administrative Services||Business Office Accounting Supervisor||BTCWI Designee||Designee|
|Vice President of Instruction||Technology Support Designee||Liberal Arts Designee||Designee|
|Vice President of Student Services||Designee||MBEPS Designee|
|Public Safety Designee|
|Student Services Designee|
|District Budget Planning and Development Council Representative|
The Budget and Resource Development Subcommittee (BRDS) is a subcommittee of the Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee. BRDS provides guidance and direction for budget management and development, encourages transparency and constituency understanding of the budget, and works to ensure that the budget allocation process is driven by college-wide planning and strategic priorities.
- Coordinate and oversee college-wide budget development and allocation.
- Receive information regarding ongoing state and District fiscal activities and review and share information on the state and District budgets as they apply to the college budget.
- Ensure understanding of how the District Budget Planning and Development Council prepares and allocates resources via the Budget Allocation Model (BAM) and Campus Allocation Model (CAM). Communicate key concepts regarding the CAM and BAM to the committee and campus.
- Develop, interpret, recommend, and communication assumptions, priorities, guidelines, and procedures related to budget processes and resource allocation integrating recommendations from the educational, technology, and facilities master plan.
- Provide ongoing education for the college community on budget development and implementation.
- Establish budget calendars and assist PIEC in development of the college annual planning calendar.
- Disseminate information to constituents regarding the college’s financial resources and expenditures and bring feedback through Committee representatives.
- Review budget augmentation or reduction requests submitted through Program Review based on college priorities and submit final recommendations to College Council.
- Plan and coordinate the allocation of one-time resources submitted through Program Review based on college priorities and submit final recommendations to College Council;
- Develop, respond to accreditation Standard III.D, as well as other relevant accreditation requirements, and monitor college’s ongoing compliance with these requirements.
- Ensure student equity in the budget development process.
- Recognize the scope of the BRDS and refer items outside the scope of responsibility to the appropriate committee.
- Perform work and provide evidence to ensure the college meets applicable areas of Accreditation Standard III.
- Membership term lengths: Unless membership is designated by position, there is a two (2) year appointment with an option for an additional two-year service, and the possibility of 1 additional term if the position remains available.
- Recommendations are made to the Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee; recommendations regarding Academic and Professional Matters are made to Academic Senate,
- Committee retains authority to form taskforces and workgroups related directly to committee charge.
- Plans/Reports: TBD?
- Quorum: 50% +1 of membership.
- Committee Approval Process: Vote.
The Committee will meet twice per month during the academic year.