Chair: Articulation Officer
|CLASSIFIED STAFF (2)
|VPI or Designee
|*Designated by District Office
Academic Standards Subcommittee is responsible for instructional and curricular issues related to college-wide academic or interdisciplinary program requirements. The committee also serves as the reviewing and recommending body for the Curriculum Committee on issues related to the implementation of college- and district-wide academic policy and procedure, evaluation of coursework from other institutions, and the application of credit from previous educational experience.
- This committee is responsible for issues related to college-wide academic or interdisciplinary program requirements, including:
- Adjudication of student petitions pertaining to these requirements.
- Review and oversight of interdisciplinary degrees and certificates.
- Review and oversight of general education patterns and district requirements.
- Review of Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and other external sources of academic credit for applicability to general education requirements.
- A Disability Support Programs and Services (DSPS) expert will be present at all meetings in which a petition based upon the educational limitations imposed by a student’s disability is adjudicated, or when requested by the student or any member of the committee.
- Copies of student petitions are distributed to all committee members prior to the meeting at which they are reviewed. Student petitioners are invited to address the committee during the meeting in which their petitions are considered. The committee discusses and votes on each student petition individually. Decisions on student petitions are made by majority vote. As petitions, by definition, are requests for exceptions to existing college policy, there is no inherent right to appeal committee decisions.
- Perform work and provide evidence to ensure the college meets applicable areas of Accreditation Standard I-II.
- Membership term lengths: 2 years with a limit of two consecutive terms (maximum service 4 years) unless designated by position.
- This Subcommittee makes recommendations to the Curriculum Committee.
- Plans/Reports: Annual summary of goals and accomplishments to Academic Senate.
- Quorum: 50% +1 of membership.
- Committee Approval Process: Vote.
Committee will meet no less than once during the fall and spring semesters.