Welcome to the San Diego Miramar College planning homepage. The college’s Mission and Vision Statement provide the overall framework and basis for integrated planning college wide. This connection is achieved by the development of Strategic Plan Goals that directly support the mission and are used to guide college wide planning over a 7-year period. Through the implementation of the Strategic Plan, the mission guides institutional decision-making, planning, and resource allocation. All instructional programs and service areas develop their goals in alignment with the Strategic Plan, thus ensuring that the college mission is central to planning at all levels of the College. Public access to all planning-related documents is available via the interactive Student Success Framework for Long-term Integrated Planning.
San Diego Miramar College's mission is to prepare students to succeed by providing quality instruction and services in an environment that supports and promotes success, diversity, inclusion, and equity with innovative programs and partnerships to facilitate student completion for degrees/certificates, transfer, workforce training, and/or career advancement.
San Diego Miramar College will be the center of education innovation, and services to support our diverse students and community.
San Diego Miramar College, in keeping with this vision, supports and emphasizes the following guiding values:
- Access to learning and support services, for all students to successfully achieve their educational and career goals
- A culture that embraces and promotes equity, inclusion, civility, responsibility, sustainability, from a global perspective
- Diversity, equity, inclusion and success of our students, classified professionals, faculty, administrators, and programs that reflect our community
- Creativity, innovation, flexibility, and excellence in teaching, learning, and services
- The ability to recognize and respond to opportunities and challenges emerging from a complex and dynamic world