Chair: Donnie Tran
|Nessa Julian, Associate Dean of Academic Success and Integrated Support Services||Reylyn Cabrera, ILT||Donnie Tran, ASC Coordinator||Designee (vacancy)|
|Daniel Miramontez, Dean of PRIELT||Classroom ILT or IA (vacancy)||Alex Stiller-Shulman, BTCWI||Designee (vacancy)|
|Francine McCorkell, ASC Supervisor||Laura Sweeney, Liberal Arts|
|Xi Zhang, Student Services||Melissa Wolfson, MBEPS|
|PRIELT Designee (vacancy)|
|Public Safety (vacancy)|
|Student Services Designee (vacancy)|
|Isabelle Martin, DSPS Counselor|
|Academic Senate Designee (vacancy)|
The purpose of the Academic Success Committee is to support academic success at San Diego Miramar College by offering comprehensive academic support to students across all disciplines on campus; to support, facilitate, and develop services to faculty, classified professionals, administrators, and students; to provide a forum to receive and share new ideas about effective activities and practices; and to engage in evaluation and assessment of current practices, allowing the campus to address any immediate and future activities and needs.
- Create clear and effective communication between all of the various academic support services available to students across campus (ASC, Math Lab, WELL, Science Center, etc.).
- Ensure all avenues of securing vital resources for Academic Success are pursued.
- Create a meaningful map of Academic services available to students and related Professional Development opportunities available to faculty, classified professionals, and administrators (e.g., workshops, seminars, and training sessions).
- Evaluate the effectiveness of committee purpose, charge, and responsibilities regularly.
- Perform work and provide evidence to ensure the college meets applicable areas of Accreditation Standard II.
- Membership term lengths: Unless membership is designated by position, there is a two (2) year appointment with an option for an additional two-year service, and the possibility of 1 additional term if the position remains available.
- Recommendations are made to Academic Senate.
- Committee retains authority to form taskforces and workgroups related directly to committee charge.
- Plans/Reports: Annual summary of goals and accomplishments to College Council.
- Quorum: 50% +1 of membership.
- Committee Approval Process: Vote.
The Committee will meet once per month during the academic year.