Dreamers Support Program services are available to our students. Here is a list of what we are offering this semester:
Join Dreamers Counselor Dennise Gomez on Zoom to ask questions about all things Dreamer, DACA, AB540, and others or to just chat with someone who cares.
- Every Thursday, now through May 29th, from 11–12pm
- Zoom ID: 920 2567 0057
- Passcode: DREAM
Learn about Conflict Resolution with Gwen Franco and Gaby Alvarez-Pollack during their REC Innovations Lab workshop. They will discuss the most effective methods to prevent, minimize and resolve conflicts in an organizational setting.
- Friday, February 19th, 1pm
- RSVP here: gwenandgaby.eventbrite.com
For something a little more fun, because we all need more of that during these times! Join Club Spectrum (the Miramar College LGBT student club) for a Virtual Game Night with prizes!
- Friday, February 19th, 7pm
- RSVP here: https://forms.gle/oaTKTiLXJhe6b4VLA
The Higher Education Legal Services (HELS) team will breakdown the current DACA process for first time applicants and those looking to renew. This live webinar will aim at removing the mystery, suspense, or confusion surrounding DACA.
- Thursday, February 25th, 5pm
- Register at: https://bit.ly/3cHs9ZL
Also, Miramar College and the Dreamers Resource Center are celebrating Black History Month! We know that our Undocu-Black friends are as vital to the community as anyone else.
- Check out the BIG Talent, that’s the Black Immigrants Got Talent at https://www.bigtalent.org/
- Equity Grounded Counseling | Serving Black Students. Find out more here: https://www.careerladdersproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Equity-Grounded-Counseling-Webinars.pdf
- Upcoming webinar dates: February 19th, 8:30–10am and February 26th, 8:30–10am
If you have questions about your status, you should reach out to the Dreamers Resource Center and we can help you find answers.
Dreamers Resource website and Social Media Accounts: