Welcome to the San Diego Miramar College planning homepage. The college’s Mission and Vision Statement provide the overall framework and basis for integrated planning college-wide. This connection is achieved by the development of Strategic Plan Goals that directly support the mission and are used to guide college-wide planning over a 7-year period. Through the implementation of the Strategic Plan, the mission guides institutional decision-making, planning, and resource allocation. All instructional programs and service areas develop their goals in alignment with the Strategic Plan, thus ensuring that the college mission is central to planning at all levels of the College. Public access to all planning-related documents is available via the interactive Student Success Framework for Long-term Integrated Planning.
San Diego Miramar College's mission is to prepare students to succeed in a complex and dynamic world by providing quality instruction and services in an environment that supports and promotes diversity, equity, and success, while emphasizing innovative programs and partnerships to facilitate student completion for transfer, workforce training, and/or career advancement.
San Diego Miramar College will be a hub of education, diversity, and services to our community.
San Diego Miramar College, in keeping with this vision, supports and emphasizes the following guiding values:
- Access, learning, and success of all students to achieve their educational goals
- A culture that embraces civility, responsibility, and appreciation from a global perspective
- Accomplishments of individuals, groups, and the college as a whole
- Diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and programs that reflect our community
- Creativity, innovation, flexibility, and excellence in teaching, learning, and service
- The ability to recognize and respond to opportunities and challenges emerging from a complex and dynamic world
- Sustainable practices in construction, curriculum, and campus culture
- Collaboration and partnerships
- Participatory governance and communication
- A culture of evidence, collaborative inquiry, and action that focuses on the student experience