Military Outreach Programs and Services for Active Duty Military and Family Members
San Diego Miramar College offers a variety of general education courses at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar (MCAS). These courses are open to military personnel, their families and all Miramar College students.
Benefits in Taking On-Base Courses:
- Courses are offered in 8 week sessions five times a year
- Convenient hours and class location
- Courses fulfill general education requirements
- All classes are transferable to 4 year colleges and universities
- ACE recommended credit from your military service schools may be applied towards the 60 units required for an Associate Degree.
- Assists in preparing for a career change
- Enhances opportunity for promotion
- Your best value at $46.00 a unit
Getting on Base:
We have been recently informed that, due to heightened security on the base, all non-affiliated civilians must now undergo a background check in order for the Government to grant you clearance and authority to enter the base and attend your class. The background check will be conducted by the military.
If you do not possess a United States Government Common Access Card (CAC) or Department of Defense Form 1173 Identification and Privilege Card, you must provide a state issued identification card or passport and submit to a background investigation by the Miramar Provost Marshal's Office to attend classes at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar (MCAS). You will need to complete a Background Check and Installation Access Application form, which can be obtained from Student Web Services under Key Resources at: http://studentweb.sdccd.edu.
Thank you for your cooperation as we try to meet the new requirements for non-affiliated civilians requesting access to military installations. If you have any questions, please contact the Dean's Office at: 619-388-7873.
Military Education On-Base Representatives
|Annette Ragsdale||MEP Coordinator||The HUB (Bldg 5305)||(858) 536-4329|
MCAS On-Base Services
(Bldg. 5305), The HUB
- Program Advising/Counseling
- SOCMAR/SOCNAV Agreements
- English and Math Assessment Testing
- SMART Transcripts
- Tuition Assistance Forms
Easy as 1, 2, 3...
- 1. Apply
- Complete a college application in person or online at http://www.sdccd.edu
- 2. Request all prior college transcripts, including SMART transcripts.
- 3. Counseling
- Meet with a Counselor for an education plan, course advisement, preparation for transfer, and SOCMAR/NAV Agreement.
- 4. Attend Classes On-Base, On Campus, or Online!
Advanced registration is advised. Courses are open to the general public. Contact your college representative for additional information at the following location:
Phone: (858) 536-4329
Students and faculty, who do not have a Military/DOD ID card, need to access MCAS Miramar base from the East Gate. The East Gate is located off Interstate 15 at Miramar Way.
Upon arrival at the East Gate, you will be directed to Pass & ID, where you will be issued a pass for the duration of your class. You will be required to present the following documents:
- valid driver license
- current vehicle registration (must be in your name or a notarized letter authorizing you to drive the vehicle)
- vehicle insurance with verification of coverage dates
- Reg-e enrollment confirmation