Office of Planning, Research, & Institutional Effectiveness
Who We Are:
The mission of the Office of Planning, Research and Institutional Effectiveness is to provide a comprehensive platform that supports decision-making efforts which integrate and advance, institutional effectiveness, academic quality, and student success across the College through cultivating and nurturing a Culture of evidence, collaborative inquiry, and action.
What We Do:
- The office reports directly to the College President and serves all constituencies stakeholders across the College.
- The office provides oversight and coordination of annual and long-term planning efforts for the College.
- The office provides oversight, management, support, and training of institutional research efforts across the College.
- The office provides oversight and support for the college-wide outcomes and assessment process.
- The office provides oversight and coordination of the Accreditation process.
- The office provides oversight and support for the program review process.
Office of Planning, Research and Institutional Effectiveness 10440 Black Mountain Road Library and Learning Resource Center, Suite L-114L San Diego, CA 92126-2999 Phone: (619) 388-7333
Daniel Miramontez, Ph.D. Dean of Planning, Research and Institutional Effectiveness (PRIE), Library and Technology
Laura Murphy, Ph.D. College-wide Outcomes and Assessment Facilitator
Xi Zhang, M.A. Research and Planning Analyst
Val Sacro Senior Secretary
(Vacant) Research Associate
What Is IEPI?
The Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative (IEPI) is a collaborative effort* to help colleges and districts improve their fiscal and operational effectiveness and promote student success, while also reducing accreditation sanctions and audit findings. An important focus of the grant funded program is to draw on expertise and innovation from colleges and districts in advancing best practices and avoiding potential pitfalls.
Welcome to the San Diego Miramar College accreditation homepage. San Diego Miramar College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Public access to all accreditation-related records is available via the links below.
Patricia Hsieh, Ed.D.
President, San Diego Miramar College
To promote and sustain a culture of evidence, inquiry and action in which accurate data are generated and developed into useful information for continuous quality improvement in institutional assessment, integrated planning, student learning, and institutional effectiveness.