What is JetStREAM First Year Experience?
JetStREAM (Students Reaching Equity through Academics & Mentoring) First Year Experience provides an efficient, supportive process for eligible freshmen to make a seamless transition from high school to college. JetStREAM programs prepare students for success through academic enrichment in English and/or Mathematics, learning communities, and connection with peer mentors and campus resources.
Why You Should Join
- Get a headstart in your education by joining our eight-week Summer Bridge program to strengthen your academic preparation in basic skills reading, writing, and study skills
- Priority registration for the Fall & Spring semesters in your first year
- Priority enrollment into one of our learning communities (English or Math Statway) (TBD)
- Start College-Level courses in the Fall semester
- One-on-One counseling appointments and educational planning
- Personal guidance from a peer mentor and counselor
- Special activities and events throughout the year
Who is Eligible to Participate
You are eligible for JetStREAM Programs if you meet and complete the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma/GED (or you're 18 years of age)
- Take Math and English assessment exams (Miramar College only)
- Commit to the program and requirements for the entire year
- Be a full-time student (12 or more semester units) during the fall and spring semester
PRIORITY ELIGIBILITY FOR STUDENTS WHO MEET THE FOLLOWING:
- Never previously attended college
- First Generation College Student (Parents do not have a 4-year college degree)
- Place into English basic skill levels
- Complete the JetStREAM Summer Bridge Program prior to the Fall semester
- Participate in JetStREAM Learning Communities during the Fall & Spring semesters
Lunch will be provided!
|SUMMER BRIDGE||June 19–August 11, 2017|
JetStREAM Learning Communities Information
To be determined. Please check back for updates.
If you are interested in joining JetStREAM programs,please complete the following steps:
Please check back in February 2018 for the 2018-2019 cohort.
All students who have applied by this priority deadline will receive an email.
Because space is limited, applicants are encouraged to complete our interest form as early as possible.