How do I know if someone needs help?
How to tell if you or a friend may need help? Strength is when we seek help; learn more about the signs or symptoms that may be reason for concern.
Where do I turn?
We welcome you to stop in and ask to see a nurse or mental health provider.
What can I do regarding concerns about abusive relationships?
Students can be seen regarding these concerns and referals will be provided.
Additional web resources in alphabetical order:
Alcohol, Substance & Drug Abuse
- Up 2 Us
- Narcotics Anonymous
- National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependence (NCADD)
- #211 Substance Abuse
- AA Meeting San Diego
- NA Meeting San Diego
- Detox-Adult Services San Diego County
- Sharp McDonald Recovery Programs
- SAMSHA: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- You name it Drug
- Campus Policy: Drugs and Alcohol Prevention Program
- sdccd: Drugs and Alcohol Policy
- Marijuana Facts
- Reduce Or Prevent Drunk Driving tips
- American Botanical Council Online
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Up 2 Us
- Crisis Center #1 (888) 724-7240
- City of San Diego Center for Community Solutions
- Health and Human Services Agency #1 (858) 724-7240
- Suicide.org #1 (800) 748-2433
- Eating Disorders: About more than Food
- National Eating Disorders Association NEDA #1 (800) 931-2237
- What Causes Eating Disorder?
Exercise & Fitness
- Health Finder
- Maintaining Mental Health
- Maintaining A Healthy Pregnancy
- Tips for Maintaining Health In Collage
- Title IX and Save Act
- Live Well San Diego
The new open enrollment period starts in October and runs through March 2014. the following sites are just a few that are currently present. Some sites will be state or government regulated and some sites are private for profit. We can only suggest that you will need to do your own research as to the plan that may work best for your needs.
We encourage students to use the government site, to run through the "see your options" section to help focus your search.
Health Related Publications
- CDC Healthy Topics
- Mayo Clinic's Health Oasis
- New England Journal of Medicine Online
- It's Up 2 Us: Local centers
- Mental Health Net
- National Alliance on Mental Illness—San Diego Office
- Suicide Prevention #1 (800) 273-8255
- #2-1-1 Mental Health Services
- Top of Page
- San Francisco Sex Information
- Go Ask Alice
- Sexual Health CDC
- Avert: Male Condoms
- Avert: Female Condoms
- Human & Health Services: Birth Control Facts
- American Lung Association
- Cigarettes As Litter
- sdccd Smoking Policy
- Electric Cigarettes Facts
- Information about immunizations
- Before you travel to foreign countries
- San Diego County Immunization Clinics