Any Member—Recommendation elected by Committee—Three Year Term
Three administrators to include the Vice-Presidents of Instruction, Student Services, and Administration(**) Until such time as a Miramar Campus-Based Researcher is a permanent member of the Classified Staff, the administrators membership was adjusted to allow the District Classified Campus-Based Research and Planning Analyst to serve on the subcommittee by taking one of the management slots; three faculty to include the Transfer Center Director (or designee), one from a career/technical discipline, and one other; three classified members to include the Public Information Officer or designee, the Job Placement Officer or designee, and one other. Student membership will be an Associated Student designee. The Campus-Based Research and Planning Analyst will also sit on the District Research committee.
To promote and facilitate a culture of evidence and collaborative inquiry in which accurate data and information are generated and developed into useful information for:
- Institutional assessment
- Integrated planning
- Improving student learning and institutional effectiveness
Key activities supporting the goals include:
- The ongoing development of the annual “Miramar College-wide Research Agenda”.
- Management of internal and external research requests following established protocols
- Support and facilitation of research and delivery of data and information in instructional programs, student services, administrative services, and outreach/marketing.
- Maintenance of the Research Subcommittee and the Institutional Research web pages.
- Collaboration with the San Diego Community College District Office of Institutional Research and Planning.