- Apply to San Diego Miramar College online - a Student ID Number (CSID) will be provided
- Complete the online San Diego Miramar College Orientation
- TAKE MATH & ENGLISH ASSESSMENT TESTS
- Register for classes
- APPLY TO THE DSPS PROGRAM
- Print, complete, and sign the DSPS Application for Services.
- Print the Verification of Disability Form. The student completes the top box on this form, including signature. The remainder of the form must be completed by your medical provider. It is recommended that it be faxed to us by his/her office. More than one form may need to be completed if you have multiple disabilities and/or multiple medical providers.
- If you had a verified learning disability in High School, obtain your most current Individual Education Plan (IEP) and your most current Psychological-Educational report.
- Email, fax, mail or drop off all completed documents to the Miramar College DSPS office.
- San Diego Miramar College - DSPS - Room: K1-204
10440 Black Mountain Road, San Diego, CA 92126
PHONE: (619) 388-7312; FAX: (619) 388-7917
- When all documents have been received and reviewed by our office, you will be contacted by email or telephone to schedule an intake appointment with a DSPS counselor.
- COMPLETE AN INTAKE APPOINTMENT WITH A DSPS COUNSELOR
- Engage in the interactive process with a DSPS counselor. Discuss your request for specific academic accommodations.
- You will be given an Authorized Academic Accommodations letter to share with your instructors.
- Your DSPS counselor can assign priority registration to you after you have completed steps 1-6
Additional Resource for New Students - http://www.sdmiramar.edu/futurestudents